JS8CALL and Log4om 2

General discussions V2
WB7AJO
New user

JS8CALL and Log4om 2

Post by WB7AJO »

I have recently started using JS8CALL and the mode JS8. Right now I am entering the contacts I make manually into LOG4OM 2, hopefully will be able to do it automatically in the future, unless there is a way to allow the two programs to do that already? And as I log JS8 information manually there is no choice for signal report other than RST, it should be the same as the signal reports made with WSTJ-X as +/- db. Knowing I am a day late and a dollar short most the time, this probably has already been addressed somewhere? :oops: :D Thanks for your time.
Tom
WB7AJO
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: JS8CALL and Log4om 2

Post by KD0ZV »

I dont know anything about JS8CALL but it looks like the program logs to a standard ADIF format.

If you check the Log4OM manual (Page 134) at the time of this post there is a section about ADIF monitor.

"ADIF Monitor
Log4OM can listen to multiple ADIF file changes at the same time. When a difference on the ADIF file is detected, Log4OM will perform the import action."

There might be other ways to do it with some additional bells and whistles but I would start with this and see how it works for you.

Certainly better than hand logging :)

Rich
kd0zv
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
WB7AJO
New user

Post by WB7AJO »

Rich, you were spot on. It is now auto logging as well as WSTJ-x and FLDIGI. Auto logging has also resolved the Signal strength reporting format to the proper one for JS8CALL (vs manual input).

Thank you
Tom
WB7AJO
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

You are welcome Tom.

Enjoy!

Rich
kd0zv
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
kg5pio
Novice Class

Post by kg5pio »

Well I guess I have same problem but with added layer.

I am logging from JS8Call to Log4om V2 via ADIF Monitor and it works however I am also auto updating QRZ from Log4OM and anything done by JS8Call/ADIF Monitor does not import to QRZ. I tried a manual ADIF import came up with an error. It maybe related to Log4OM not wanting to use data SNR and always defaults to 599 type reporting. The entries are correct with a -XX value in Log4OM from the JS8Call import but any edit attempt wants to change it to back say 599 not sure if this is the real issue but its a problem as well. I really would like to get the Log4OM to QRZ updating to work as it does for others. My current config is all QSO applications log to Log4OM and then Log4OM sends out to QRZ, LOTW and so on.

Any ideas?
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Close Log4OM2, open rst.xml in the configuration folder. If done search for the block i made
a screenshot from. Insert <string>JS8</string> .... Save and close rst.xml, start Log4OM2 and
try again.

1.png
1.png (18.42 KiB) Viewed 5159 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
K1wnt
Novice Class

Post by K1wnt »

Juergen, I am having similar problem. Any qso in digi modes (specifically psk31 and rtty) do not auto log in clublog or qrz. They are logged in LOTW. I cannot find the rest file you refer to in the above post. Can you be more specific? Sorry I am not a computer guy.

Regards, Roger K1WNT
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

K1wnt wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 17:38 Juergen, I am having similar problem. Any qso in digi modes (specifically psk31 and rtty) do not auto log in clublog or qrz. They are logged in LOTW. I cannot find the rest file you refer to in the above post. Can you be more specific? Sorry I am not a computer guy.

Regards, Roger K1WNT
Roger,

With Log4OM V2 running go to: Help / Open Config Folder

Your file management APP will open the folder where all the configuration files are kept for Log4OM V2. You can then scroll through the folders/files and locate the file named: rst.xml

You can now open that file, but once you do shut down Log4OM V2.

Follow Juergen's directions to make the changes in the rst.xml file and save it. Close your APPs and then restart Log4OM V2 and your should find the changes noted.

Attachments
Help-OpenConfigFolder.JPG
Help-OpenConfigFolder.JPG (43.12 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
rstxml-file.JPG
rstxml-file.JPG (171.61 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
K1wnt
Novice Class

Post by K1wnt »

Nolan, thanks very much for the very concise directions, will give it a try today.

Not sure if this is the solution for my problem but will see what happens. It's a weird issue clublog and qrz get uploaded after each qso unless I am using psk or rtty. If I upload my log4om backup .adi file they take it fine.

Anyway, will give it a go.

Regards, Roger
G8LIY
Advanced Class

Post by G8LIY »

DF5WW wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 03:56 Close Log4OM2, open rst.xml in the configuration folder. If done search for the block i made
a screenshot from. Insert <string>JS8</string> .... Save and close rst.xml, start Log4OM2 and
try again.

1.png
Hello Juergen,

I'm not sure I understand the format of that config file and how it relates to ADIF Mode/SubMode..??

JS8CALL = Submode "JS8" & Mode = "MFSK"

Latest ADIF Standard
https://adif.org/311/ADIF_311_annotated ... numeration

Regards - David
Windows 10 Pro & LOG4OM - V2.29.0