Cluster Spotting Times

General discussions V2
W2MJP
Old Man

Cluster Spotting Times

Post by W2MJP »

Does anyone else notice that sometimes the cluster spotting times are spotted ahead of the actual Log4 V2 log program times? I notice that the time in the log program up above is a minute behind the cluster spots. Does not seem to affect anything but I am wondering why this happens. Its like the Spotter can see the future :o . I do use a time syncing program so everything matches.
Mike-W2MJP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Spotting Times

Post by KD0ZV »

I would make sure you have any sh/dx line removed from your cluster settings in Log4OM. If that is there, make sure you remove the cluster from active clusters and then re-add it after the edit (removal) has been made.

If you have your clusters filtered make sure you have anything like "missed spots" disabled. The CCuser program has this under bands tab.

Then try again and give it some time to settle out. The sh/dx command can give you some pretty odd results.

Rich
kd0zv
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

kd0zv wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 15:34 I would make sure you have any sh/dx line removed from your cluster settings in Log4OM. If that is there, make sure you remove the cluster from active clusters and then re-add it after the edit (removal) has been made.

If you have your clusters filtered make sure you have anything like "missed spots" disabled. The CCuser program has this under bands tab.

Then try again and give it some time to settle out. The sh/dx command can give you some pretty odd results.

Rich
kd0zv
Hi Rich
I already removed the SH/DX/30 and did all of that. No more problem with old hanging around spots. Now Im curious of why the spots show in the cluster before the actual log4om time that is shown above in the box were you would mark your qso info. IE; Start finish
Mike-W2MJP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W2MJP wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 15:40
kd0zv wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 15:34 I would make sure you have any sh/dx line removed from your cluster settings in Log4OM. If that is there, make sure you remove the cluster from active clusters and then re-add it after the edit (removal) has been made.

Rich
kd0zv
Hi Rich
I already removed the SH/DX/30 and did all of that. No more problem with old hanging around spots. Now Im curious of why the spots show in the cluster before the actual log4om time that is shown above in the box were you would mark your qso info. IE; Start finish
Mike,

The time in the upper UI relates to when you actually start and stop your QSO with the OM that shows up in the cluster. His cluster time might be 1604, but you might not click on him until a minute or two later say 1606 or 1608. Also ... you can also adjust the QSO start time when you leave the callsign field. See: Configuration / User Preferences for that tic box.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

Thanks Nolan
I know this already. But I believe that the time is still the actual time. I know it’s the start and stop for qso, but it’s still the actual current time utc, which also matches my computers time, so why would the spots be a minute or more ahead of that clock when that clock is working in actual real time?
Mike-W2MJP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W2MJP wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 16:18 Thanks Nolan
I know this already. But I believe that the time is still the actual time. I know it’s the start and stop for qso, but it’s still the actual current time utc, which also matches my computers time, so why would the spots be a minute or more ahead of that clock when that clock is working in actual real time?
Mike,

Now you have me scratching my head. My cluster posts are always lagging what shows in the start/stop time fields. This is with no call sign entered in the UI.

Do you have a magical time machine at your QTH and working in the future? ;)
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

KI5IO wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 17:35
W2MJP wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 16:18 Thanks Nolan
Mike,

Now you have me scratching my head. My cluster posts are always lagging what shows in the start/stop time fields. This is with no call sign entered in the UI.

Do you have a magical time machine at your QTH and working in the future? ;)
This is why I ask the question... :?: Its strange and I never had this problem before. Again its not a big deal, but it baffles me non the less. If I did have a time machine connected to my log4om it would be most helpful for those new DXCC or dx expeditions before the pile ups start.
Mike-W2MJP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Mike,

A screen shot would help. I am not seeing what you are describing. I see no clusters with a time "ahead" of the computer time.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W2MJP wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 14:12 Does anyone else notice that sometimes the cluster spotting times are spotted ahead of the actual Log4 V2 log program times? I notice that the time in the log program up above is a minute behind the cluster spots. Does not seem to affect anything but I am wondering why this happens. Its like the Spotter can see the future :o . I do use a time syncing program so everything matches.
The time stamp arrives in the raw data from the cluster server its not generated by Log4OM, so its the server time that is incorrect

If it concerns you try another cluster that has a more accurate time base
73 Terry G4POP
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

G4POP wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 20:07
W2MJP wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 14:12 Does anyone else notice that sometimes the cluster spotting times are spotted ahead of the actual Log4 V2 log program times? I notice that the time in the log program up above is a minute behind the cluster spots. Does not seem to affect anything but I am wondering why this happens. Its like the Spotter can see the future :o . I do use a time syncing program so everything matches.
The time stamp arrives in the raw data from the cluster server its not generated by Log4OM, so its the server time that is incorrect

If it concerns you try another cluster that has a more accurate time base
Hi Terry
Thank you for the answer. It does not concern me. I only notice it once in a while. I just was wondering why it was happening. You the man.. ;)
Mike-W2MJP