Version 2 Kudos

General discussions V2
NR3E
Advanced Class

Version 2 Kudos

Post by NR3E »

A couple of days ago I gave Version 2 another try after not using it since it came out and reverting back to Version 1. I am primarily a SOTA operator and found (at first) that Version 2 wasn't working for me. But with the recent upgrades I really like Version 2 and have switched over to it exclusively. A couple of mentions...

The Lazy Log feature works perfectly for entering my paper logs from a SOTA activation. In fact, it works better than the Version 1 method of clicking the manual date/time box. With Lazy Log, I can enter my activations even quicker than before. Kudos here!

I like the configuration setup better than before. Especially nice is that you can have more than one radio listed in a configuration. If I make 9 SOTA contacts on HF then make a 10th on 2 meters locally, it is a simple matter to change the radio field without loading a new configuration and restarting the program. Kudos here!

The addition of the Reference1 and Reference2 fields solved my problem of not seeing only SOTA references in a column. I fact, I am starting to chase POTA and will use one of the fields for that. Kudos here!

I know there are some upgrades planned for the future and I saw listed that you are planning to add the ability to save filters. That will be a great addition. Also, I saw a topic listed here about eQSL reverting to 2019 when it does downloads. I noticed that too and if you don't reset the date, you end up with a large download. But these issues are minor and I am confident will be fixed in a future release.

Overall, the new version is much better than before. Thanks for all the work on this excellent product. I just had to let you guys know.

Ron, KI4TN