TS890S

General discussions V2
ve3ne
Novice Class

TS890S

Post by ve3ne »

Dear All,
My friend told me that Log4OM is a great logging software so I thought I give try.
It looks pretty cool and I kind of like the look of it.
After a few days of trying I am running into the same problems with RIG control.
I went to the User Manual and watched videos and I am not closer to solving this...:-)
1. TS890S is not listed in RIG Types. Ver.
2. OMNIRIG will not start when clicked in Show CAT Interface...though OMNIRIG is selected under Config / CAT Interface and OMNIRIG is installed.
In the Youtube video it pops up nicely.
Under Show CAT Interface I can start HAMLIB but I don't have HAMLIB installed...:-) (OMNIRIG installed but won't start)
3. What is HAMLIB? I searched and found a library of HAM programs...?? When tried to download just advertisements are popping up
with all kind of weird stuff...all look very suspicious.
I am using N1MM for contesting and I was able to set it up relatively easily for everything including RTTY and FT8 but this one is tough...:-)
Any explanation would be greatly appreciated...
Lali, VE3NE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: TS890S

Post by G4POP »

ve3ne wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 01:17
1. TS890S is not listed in RIG Types. Ver.

Try using another recent Kenwood ini file from the list

This might help https://groups.io/g/TS-890/topic/322921 ... 0,32292197

Perhaps contact Alex the author of Omnirig for assistance

2. OMNIRIG will not start when clicked in Show CAT Interface...though OMNIRIG is selected under Config / CAT Interface and OMNIRIG is installed.
Are you saying that you dont see the small Omnirig connection interface window or that the connection to your radio is not made?

3. What is HAMLIB? I searched and found a library of HAM programs...?? When tried to download just advertisements are popping up with all kind of weird stuff...all look very suspicious.
Dont know where your going to but this is the page you want https://hamlib.github.io/

Hamlib is included with Log4OM and is an open source program for rig control

Log4OM uses Omnirig and Hamlib for CAT control and do not write those programs
I am using N1MM for contesting and I was able to set it up relatively easily for everything including RTTY and FT8 but this one is tough...:-)
Please be aware that it is not possible for more than one program to use the radio com port unless you are using Omnirig which multithreads so please ensure all other software is closed unless they are all linking to Omnirig.

Finally I suggest another download and install of Omnirig to the default installation path with all antivirus and firewalls temporarily turned off.
73 Terry G4POP
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

Hi Lali,
be careful to use only Omnirig V1.
Version V2 does not work with Log4OM and most popular software.
Also try uninstalling both omnirig and hamlib and reinstalling the latest version of omnirig V1.
Max IK0TIX
ve3ne
Novice Class

Post by ve3ne »

Thank you Guys for the great advises...I am working on it...I am sure sooner or later I will get the hang of it...:-)
Lali, VE3NE
ve3ne
Novice Class

Post by ve3ne »

OK...downloaded Log4OM ver 2.8
It comes with Omnirig and I have selected that one too to be installed.
But there is no Omnirig isntalled on my computer...?? I have searched for it and it is not there.
In Log4OM I click on tab Connect and then select CAT and then Cat Screen but the frequency display comes up saying OFF LINE...??
Once I had a screen where I was able to brows through 100 RIGs and select one including a bunch of KENWOOD RIGs too...
I guess this is happening because Omnirig disappeared and not installing anymore into my computer for some reasons...tried a few times but it is not there.
This is quite a mystery...
Lali, VE3NE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Have you checked the folder C:\Program files (X86)\Afreet\Omnirig?
73 Terry G4POP