Cluster Issue: zone not showing up

General discussions V2
k4em
Advanced Class

Cluster Issue: zone not showing up

Post by k4em »

I'm a new user, 4 days, just going through and settings things up. I noticed after I configured the Cluster that the Zone column is blank. No zones being populated when a spot shows up.
I have set my QRZ.com in Info Providers and Clublog in External Services. My Info Providers 'Configuration' is set to default, I changed nothing there.
Is that function supposed to work, I'm new so I don't know?
The manual I'm using is 21/07/2020, which I read through before posting.

Dave
k4em
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Issue: zone not showing up

Post by KI5IO »

k4em wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 15:36 I'm a new user, 4 days, just going through and settings things up. I noticed after I configured the Cluster that the Zone column is blank. No zones being populated when a spot shows up.
I have set my QRZ.com in Info Providers and Clublog in External Services. My Info Providers 'Configuration' is set to default, I changed nothing there.
Is that function supposed to work, I'm new so I don't know?
The manual I'm using is 21/07/2020, which I read through before posting.

Dave
k4em
Dave,

When you are viewing the Cluster (F8 tab) the ITU and CQ zone values would be provided by the cluster feed. Not all of them pass that information along.

I happen to use ve7cc-1 and also have turned on CC User to set filters for what I want ve7cc-1 to pass along to Log4OM. In the CC User control panel there is a tic box you can select to have the cluster pass along the ITU and CQ zone values if you like.

Now ... not all clusters can be 'tweaked' like that. Only those that use CC User and the ve7cc-1 cluster is one of the very best.

What I have done is turned the ITU and CQ columns 'off' so they don't display on my F8 Cluster tab view.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX