Congratulations, and thank you Log4OM Team!

General discussions V2
K2GAV
Advanced Class

Congratulations, and thank you Log4OM Team!

Post by K2GAV »

I want to take a moment to thank the team for creating and updating this fabulous logging program. I've used Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook for years, so it took some great effort on my part to learn Log4OM. Additionally, my long time use of HRD Logbook created in me a strong desire to have certain features available in a new program. Log4OM had satisfied my needs and exceeded my expectations. While some things are a bit difficult to find when you are beginning to learn, I eventually found almost everything I had hoped for. Also, the long program instruction book is very well written and very thorough.

I've already found a very minor bug, and suggested a few improvements. I'm impressed with the quick response I get from forum posts too!

So, THANK YOU! I will be sending a donation.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500
W4WWB
Novice Class

Re: Congratulations, and thank you Log4OM Team!

Post by W4WWB »

K2GAV wrote:I want to take a moment to thank the team for creating and updating this fabulous logging program. I've used Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook for years, so it took some great effort on my part to learn Log4OM. Additionally, my long time use of HRD Logbook created in me a strong desire to have certain features available in a new program. Log4OM had satisfied my needs and exceeded my expectations. While some things are a bit difficult to find when you are beginning to learn, I eventually found almost everything I had hoped for. Also, the long program instruction book is very well written and very thorough.

I've already found a very minor bug, and suggested a few improvements. I'm impressed with the quick response I get from forum posts too!

So, THANK YOU! I will be sending a donation.
Agreed. I am in the process of making that same switch and battling “requested” where all I want is a simple yes or no. I think I have it sorted now and quite happy with Log4OM. Thanks to Terry for the manual and hopefully more videos.
Bill
W4WWB
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Ted & Bill,

Thanks much for the input. There certainly is a lot "under the hood" with Log4OM V2. AND ... there are many more items under development that will be released over time.

Be sure to keep up with Terry's User Guides.

I posted about this back in March-2020 here: [b]https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.p ... t=5117[/b]

Even as part of the Alpha Team I'm always checking for UG updates in this fashion.

The "Requested" item has been a bit of a pain, but was due to the ADIF 3.0 standards. Honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to many of us "mature OMs". Anyway ... Lele has provided the option where we can each choose what we prefer for the Confirmation. Like you ... I also like a simple "yes" or "no". Between the YouTube videos on Confirmations and the UG it is well 'splained for setting.

Thanks again for using Log4OM V2.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
K2GAV
Advanced Class

Post by K2GAV »

Hi Nolan and Bill,

I did see how to edit your QSL status choices early on in reading the manual. I was also unfamiliar with REQUESTED, but now I use it only for LoTW entries to indicate whether they're queued for upload (REQUESTED) (necessary for automatic upload), or uploaded (YES) in the LoTW sent field. I do like how LoTW upload happen automatically when you exit Log4OM. It's not something my old program did.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500