LOG4OM and SW2

General discussions V2
KC4JNW
Novice Class

LOG4OM and SW2

Post by KC4JNW »

Software - Windows 10, Log4OM 2.10.0.0, SW2 3.0.27, WSJT-X 2.2.2, JTAlert 2.16.16
Hardware Kenwood TS-2000 ELAD FDM-DUO

I currently have my TS-2000 via RigBlaster Advantage) fully integrated with Log4OM, WSJT-X, and JTAlert. Everything works fine and I can control the radio either from Log4OM or by band selection with WSJT-X (or manually).
I also have my DUO set up and working with WSJT-X, and JTAlert. Following the instructions in the Log4OM Manual, logging to Log4OM via JTAlert works as well. I can run SW2 however Log4OM indicates "offline".
To shift between radios in WSJT-x I use the configurations tab in WSJT-X.

What I would like to do is be able to run SW2 in an integrated fashion with Log4OM as radio 2. There is a selection in OMNIRIG for "ELADFDMSW2" but obviously, there is more to it than selecting ELADFDMSW2 as Rig 2

I have read the file "Settings for FDM-DUO, FDM-SW2, WSJT-X, and FLDIGI" in the files section of the ELAD groups.io but it seems to go in a different direction from what I understand from the Log4OM Manual.

Would appreciate any comments/instruction/how-to from anyone who has Log4OM, SW2, WSJT-X, and JTAlert working together.

I posted a similar question on the ELAD groups.io site a week ago but have not gotten any response yet.

Thanks in advance.

Jim - KC4JNW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOG4OM and SW2

Post by G4POP »

Dont have a clue about this SW2 software my only suggestion is to find out if it supports Omnirig?

Alternatively you might have to start using virtual serial ports (VSP) software

Further than that I dont have any ideas
73 Terry G4POP