QSO Administration

General discussions V2
KO4EEH
Novice Class

QSO Administration

Post by KO4EEH »

I am new to Log4OM. I am trying to understand the administration of QSO's. My main questions are:
1. If you delete a QSO from the list is it automatically deleted in the database?
2. When can you clear out the listing of QSO? and do they still reside in the database after you clear them?
3. Is there a hide button somewhere on the QSO listing.

I have read the in the manual where these areas are addressed but do not seem to figure out exactly what is happening with the QSO's.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSO Administration

Post by G4POP »

KO4EEH wrote: 07 Jan 2021, 19:59
1. If you delete a QSO from the list is it automatically deleted in the database?
Deleting from the list simultaneously deletes the entry(s) from the database

2. When can you clear out the listing of QSO? and do they still reside in the database after you clear them?

Same answer as 1 above, once they are gone they are gone forever

3. Is there a hide button somewhere on the QSO listing.

No there is not a hide button but you can limit the number of QSO's displayed without removing the QSO's - See page 27 of the user guide

I have read the in the manual where these areas are addressed but do not seem to figure out exactly what is happening with the QSO's.
In 10 years of support for HRD and then 9 years for Log4OM I have never had this question, that is why I was not explicit in the user guide, basically delete = delete there is no recycle bin
73 Terry G4POP
KO4EEH
Novice Class

Re: QSO Administration

Post by KO4EEH »

thank you Terry I was trying to understand the flowpath of once you enter a QSO what exactly happens.