Help with cluster

General discussions V2
m0ppr
Novice Class

Help with cluster

Post by m0ppr »

Hi All, I read the manual and this forum, I do not need to send DX spots to the cluster, I just simply need to watch the cluster. I am not 100% sure what is a diffrent between supercluster and the normal cluster, but the supercluster is very quiet, and the lamp indicating the normal cluster is NOT green - see my picture.
What can I do to get connection to the normal cluster?

KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Help with cluster

Post by KI5IO »

m0ppr wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 21:02 Hi All, I read the manual and this forum, I do not need to send DX spots to the cluster, I just simply need to watch the cluster. I am not 100% sure what is a diffrent between supercluster and the normal cluster, but the supercluster is very quiet, and the lamp indicating the normal cluster is NOT green - see my picture.
What can I do to get connection to the normal cluster?

Pawel,

Have you set up the telnet cluster following the instructions in the "current" User Guide starting on Page 64?

Have you watched the YouTube video for setting up clusters that Terry has provided?

V2 Cluster Setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7SGOWY1uE

Either or both of those will get you underway for cluster usage.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
m0ppr
Novice Class

Post by m0ppr »

Thank you so much! I did not know I have to go through telnet! All is working now.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

m0ppr wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 21:25 Thank you so much! I did not know I have to go through telnet! All is working now.
Pawel,

Tnx for your follow-up and update.

Glad you have it working for you.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX