EM19 Grid Block Again

General discussions V2
WA5REB
Novice Class

EM19 Grid Block Again

Post by WA5REB »

I've seen a similar post concerning all US stations showing EM19 as their grid block. This is happening to me also. On the Main page map view non-US stations show their correct grid block and are plotted properly on the map. However every continental US station returns EM19 as the grid block. This also happens to be about the exact center of the country. Could this be some kind of default? Do I have something configured incorrectly? I'm using WSJT-X UDP data. I'm not using clusters and all logged info is correct.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: EM19 Grid Block Again

Post by G4POP »

What info providers are you using, QRZ etc

Log4OM version number please - Help/About
73 Terry G4POP
WA5REB
Novice Class

Post by WA5REB »

V 2.11.0.0
I use QRZ.com. As I stated the info is logged correctly for all contacts. It seems to be an issue with the map view window.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

WA5REB wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 00:56 V 2.11.0.0
I use QRZ.com. As I stated the info is logged correctly for all contacts. It seems to be an issue with the map view window.
Ron,

Is your login/password working for the QRZ login? You can check it at: Configuration / Info Providers.

Put in your login and password and then tap the button to "test" the access.

You can do this for both QRZ and HAMQTH.

You will need that login access to get the needed site's data to populate the proper grid. Otherwise you get the "center of the USA".
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
WA5REB
Novice Class

Post by WA5REB »

QRZ login works fine. I believe the grid actually comes from WSJT-X. If I work a station that has not provided a grid in WSJT-X then no grid is logged even though the personal info from QRZ is. Very confusing. Thanks
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

WA5REB wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 16:01 QRZ login works fine. I believe the grid actually comes from WSJT-X. If I work a station that has not provided a grid in WSJT-X then no grid is logged even though the personal info from QRZ is. Very confusing. Thanks
Ron,

As a step in trouble-shooting. Run Log4OM V2 by itself with no active inbound UDP connections from WSJTx, JTDX, JTAlert, etc., etc..

Just have your cluster running and populating the Cluster (F8) tab.

Click on any given call sign and/or even enter one manually in the UI.

See if the information will properly populate in the Main (F6) tab at that time.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
WA5REB
Novice Class

Post by WA5REB »

Nothing running but LOG4OM. I keyed in my own call and it populated properly except for the grid in the map view. It shows EM19. My grid is EM40. I do not have a paid subscription to QRZ but I don't think that is the issue since non-US stations populate the map view grid properly.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA5REB wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 18:41 Nothing running but LOG4OM. I keyed in my own call and it populated properly except for the grid in the map view. It shows EM19. My grid is EM40. I do not have a paid subscription to QRZ but I don't think that is the issue since non-US stations populate the map view grid properly.
Without a paid subscription to QRZ or a HAMQTH membership you don't get a grid square from the lookup

When no lookup grid is available we use a grid in the approximate centre of the country which we derive from out country file
73 Terry G4POP
WA5REB
Novice Class

Post by WA5REB »

I keyed in 2 non-US calls and got grids for both from QRZ. That restriction must be for US stations only or possibly grids for stations in your own country. That's news to me. Thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA5REB wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 18:56 I keyed in 2 non-US calls and got grids for both from QRZ. That restriction must be for US stations only or possibly grids for stations in your own country. That's news to me. Thanks
Do you also have a membership of HAMQTH and are you using that for lookups?

Check if the grids for the non us lookups actually correspond to the QTH or just the centre of a smaller country
73 Terry G4POP