EM19 Grid Block Again

General discussions V2
WA5REB
Novice Class

Re: EM19 Grid Block Again

Post by WA5REB »

I do not have a membership to HAMQTH. All of the grids that are logged are the grids passed from WSJT-X. The logging pop up shows the grid and it always corresponds to the true location of the station. I guess if QRZ is not providing a grid for US stations, the log defaults to the grid provided by WSJT-X but the map view defaults to EM19. Is that correct?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA5REB wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 19:14 I do not have a membership to HAMQTH. All of the grids that are logged are the grids passed from WSJT-X. The logging pop up shows the grid and it always corresponds to the true location of the station. I guess if QRZ is not providing a grid for US stations, the log defaults to the grid provided by WSJT-X but the map view defaults to EM19. Is that correct?
The map view is derived from the Log4om on line lookup (QRZ ETC) and if the Log4om lookup does not find a grid then the centre of the country, as I stated before from our country file.

The map grid is not taken from WSJT because generally the WSJT grid provided is only 4 digits instead of the more accurate 6 digit grid
73 Terry G4POP
WA5REB
Novice Class

Post by WA5REB »

Last week I made some changes to UDP comms for WSJT-X and Gridtracker (disabled JTAlert) and my last several log entries do reflect the center of the country. I didn't notice the change since WSJT-X was reporting the correct grid. Looks like the obvious solution is to subscribe. Should have done that long ago anyway.

Thanks for your time Terry