WB4 in Winkeyer Window

General discussions V2
G4GIR
Novice Class

WB4 in Winkeyer Window

Post by G4GIR »

Trying to use Winkeyer window in Contest Mode.

I can't see the WB4 legend in the Winkeyer window when I know I have worked the station before.

The manual Quotes "Call and QSO data entry The cursor defaults to the Call sign field, when a call sign is entered a lookup is done as described elsewhere, the WB4 status is shown in the data lookup pane at the bottom of the WK window." But I don't see it.

However I do see it in the Contest Log window.

Help please.

Ian G4GIR
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WB4 in Winkeyer Window

Post by KI5IO »

G4GIR wrote: 21 Feb 2021, 16:35 Trying to use Winkeyer window in Contest Mode.

I can't see the WB4 legend in the Winkeyer window when I know I have worked the station before.

The manual Quotes "Call and QSO data entry The cursor defaults to the Call sign field, when a call sign is entered a lookup is done as described elsewhere, the WB4 status is shown in the data lookup pane at the bottom of the WK window." But I don't see it.

However I do see it in the Contest Log window.

Help please.

Ian G4GIR
Ian,

You can open a stand-a-lone WB4 window. Go to: View / Worked Before ... and a separate WB4 panel will open.

That might work for you.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4GIR
Novice Class

Post by G4GIR »

Hello Nolan
Thanks for the reply, yes that does bring up all the Worked Before QSO's, but it shows for example W3LPL and all 65 QSO's I have had with them!! So that isn't good for contesting Hi.

The manual states that in the Winkeyer window in contest mode there should be a Flag that alerts you to the fact the entered callsign is a Dupe, but that isn't happening.

I found that If I type a call (which had already been logged) in the Contest Log window it shows as a dupe, however, in the contest log window you can't activate the Winkeyer! So I am at a loss. I am sure there is answer.

Thanks again

Take care
Ian G4GIR
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Ian,

With the Winkeyer panel open if you tap the Crown in the upper right you will be put in Contest Mode.

Attachments
winkeyer-panel.JPG
winkeyer-panel.JPG (101.87 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4GIR
Novice Class

Post by G4GIR »

Nolan
Yes I have Contest mode enabled, by clicking on the Crown.

My problem is using Winkeyer window in contest mode there is no indication that the call i enter is a DUPLICATE QSO.

So, if I work N1NA for instance and then log it. If I then type N1NA in again there is no WB4 Indication shown in the Winkeyer contest window data lookup pane at the bottom of the WK window. As it says there should be in the manual. Can you try it to see if it works at your end?

Thanks for the help.

Ian G4GIR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4GIR wrote: 21 Feb 2021, 16:35

Page number please?
73 Terry G4POP
G4GIR
Novice Class

Post by G4GIR »

Hi Terry

Page 87 in paragraph headed "Call and QSO data entry"

ThaNks

Ian G4GIR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4GIR wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 09:17 Hi Terry

Page 87 in paragraph headed "Call and QSO data entry"

Thanks

Ian G4GIR
It correctly states 'In the data lookup pane' which is as indicated below, the box containing [Worked band mode} and [QRZ.com] is the data lookup pane

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (83.97 KiB) Viewed 2602 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4GIR
Novice Class

Post by G4GIR »

Hi Terry

The window you show is the Winkeyer window.
But the Winkeyer is not active and it is not in contest mode.

I can see the WORKED BAND MODE, as you show, but that only indicates that call is somewhere in your log, NOT as a Call worked in Contest mode.

If you open the Contest Log window and Type in a call that has been worked during the Contest, a "WB" FLAG on a YELLOW background is shown. That is what you need to see in the WINKEYER CONTEST WINDOW. i.e a DUPE.

Hope this makes sense?

Ian G4GIR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4GIR wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 10:08 Hi Terry

The window you show is the Winkeyer window.
But the Winkeyer is not active and it is not in contest mode.

I can see the WORKED BAND MODE, as you show, but that only indicates that call is somewhere in your log, NOT as a Call worked in Contest mode.

If you open the Contest Log window and Type in a call that has been worked during the Contest, a "WB" FLAG on a YELLOW background is shown. That is what you need to see in the WINKEYER CONTEST WINDOW. i.e a DUPE.

Hope this makes sense?

Ian G4GIR
Ian,
The section you refer to is the normal Winkeyer QSO input not related to contesting

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (231.06 KiB) Viewed 2594 times

There is no CONTEST WB4 indicator in the WinKeyer window as there is in the Contest window but that could be added at some future time if requested by a few users.
73 Terry G4POP