Setting up Alerts

General discussions V2
W3LI
Old Man

Setting up Alerts

Post by W3LI »

Need some help with Cluster Alerts. I am looking at the user manual 20/3/21 and not doing well. I have been using Log4OM since March 2014, but just now decided to try some of the other features with in the program.
I was trying to set it up for alerts on 6m. I printed out pages 74,5,6,7 and am trying to use that information.
I guess that I do not understand defining RULES. Have looked for an explanation, but no luck. That is the first issue.
Call/DXCC tab, not concerned with the DXCC country or call etc.
What I am reading on the 4 pages does not describe what I am seeing on the monitor????? Guess my eyes are not connected to my brain and fingers.
All I want is an ALERT when a 6 Meter station is shown on the cluster. Do not care about mode, country, or anything else. The KISS method.
Thanks for any help.
PS. I did look around the forum for the information before I decided to ask for help here.

Andy... W3LI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Setting up Alerts

Post by G4POP »

Andy,

You dont say what version number you are using (See Help/About) this might be why the user guide does not match what you see, or perhaps the user guide needs updating?

Anyway I have just followed the user guide to ensure its correct and I set up as shown below and the alert worked fine.

1. Clicked the new button
2. Added a name
3. Set the alert to on including email
4. Selected both cluster and super cluster

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (59.02 KiB) Viewed 4236 times

5. Clicked the Band/Mode tab and checked the 6m box

Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (84.06 KiB) Viewed 4236 times

6. Clicked the save icon (Floppy disk icon) and closed the alert manager

7. Sent a test spot for 6m

8. Audible alarm rang and the Alert warning appeared beside the call sign field which when clicked opened the window showing the alert. ( I also received the email notification)

Untitled3.jpg
Untitled3.jpg (17.87 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
73 Terry G4POP
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Good morning Terry, Sorry that I am just getting back to you, xyl health issues took priority.
First, I am using Log4OM ver 2.12.0.0, also the print date on the user manual is 20/3/21.
I copied your page that you sent to the letter. Yes, now I get 6M alerts plus Digital Alerts from most all bands, 6 thru 40M. Guess that is the way it works.
Thank you for your time.
Andy... W3LI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W3LI wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 15:08 Good morning Terry, Sorry that I am just getting back to you, xyl health issues took priority.
First, I am using Log4OM ver 2.12.0.0, also the print date on the user manual is 20/3/21.
I copied your page that you sent to the letter. Yes, now I get 6M alerts plus Digital Alerts from most all bands, 6 thru 40M. Guess that is the way it works.
Thank you for your time.
Andy... W3LI
Something is set wrong you should only be getting alerts for stations on 6m
73 Terry G4POP
wb2bin
Advanced Class

Post by wb2bin »

Terry,

How do I get to the "Alerts Management". I just want to get the alerts I need. Did this happen when I selected the cluster?

Thanks,
Greg, WB2BIN
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

wb2bin wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 11:44 Terry,

How do I get to the "Alerts Management". I just want to get the alerts I need. Did this happen when I selected the cluster?

Thanks,
Greg, WB2BIN
Greg,

Go to: Settings / Alert Configuration

That will open the panel called Alert Management and where you manage the Alerts you have created.

You should also download the most current User Guide as well.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Back at it. I just downloaded the new version of Log4OM2, 2.13.00 and the latest User Guide, dated 21/04/2021.
I went to the User Guide and looked at pages 74.75,76,and 77 to see if there were any changes to the procedure for setting up Alerts.
I found nothing new. Guess I am still without Alerts???? Been that way since 2014.
Andy,,,,W3LI
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Alerts now working. Not sure what I did to correct myself. I have it set up to alert me whenever a 6m station shows up on the cluster. Nothing fancy, all I wanted was SSB and CW. The red alert box lights when it should and the alert shows up on the cluster alert panel as it should.
I can click on a call on the alert panel and it will show up in the CALLSIGN box.
Thank you Daniele for the great program. Been using it since 2014. Another beer on the way, Hi Hi. Thank you Terry for the manual updates and help here.
To all, be safe and stay Healthy.

Andy... W3LI