"Edit QSO" function there is a TAB named "His details" ... - better to not refer to one GENDER?

General discussions V2
TY2CD
Novice Class

"Edit QSO" function there is a TAB named "His details" ... - better to not refer to one GENDER?

Post by TY2CD »

I have noticed that using the "Edit QSO" function there is a TAB named "His details". Possibly this should be changed from "His" (male) to just "details" or another non-gender description. I have worked a number of female Amateur Radio operators over many years and been updating some historic QSO's and find the reference to the male gender questionable. Otherwise in my opinion the best logging program available, and I used it for my pile-ups as TY2CD for many years (60,000 QSO's) and I could not be without it.
ZS6ARF
HB9ETR
Advanced Class

Re: "Edit QSO" function there is a TAB named "His details" ... - better to not refer to one GENDER?

Post by HB9ETR »

'face slap' :roll:
Rob
HB9ETR / G0IFL

K3/Win4K3Suite/OnmiRig/L4OM v2.31.0.0
Win10 i7-6700
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: "Edit QSO" function there is a TAB named "His details" ... - better to not refer to one GENDER?

Post by G4POP »

Does everyone realise that the program is called Log for (4) Old Man (Log4OM)? and we will not be changing that!

In deference to those extra PC people, we have changed His Details to ' Contact's Details'
73 Terry G4POP
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

I think 'OM' now refers to 'Radio Operator' - just saying.. things are changing
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Crazy !
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV