MySQL DataBase

General discussions V2
F6FLU
Old Man

MySQL DataBase

Post by F6FLU »

Hello
I would like to use the Database MySQL functionality

Which provider do you use that allows you to access your MySQL database from a remote server?

My provider (PlanetHoster) doesn't accept it, so I am considering changing if there are other providers that allow it.
Thanks and 73
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: MySQL DataBase

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Daniel,

I use MySQL 8 locally on my Windows computer, but mainly for tests. My OE6CLD log has about 35.000 QSOs but honestly, I have not seen a big performance difference between my MySQL server and SQLite. You only would benefit from a remote MySQL server in a contest or field day environment, where multiple stations are saving QSOs to a central database.

From my point of view, if you simply want access to your SQLite database from a main computer, laptop or tablet, I would recommend saving your log on one of the cloud storages. I have all my logs on Dropbox, can access thwem from my main computer in the shack and from my laptop/tablet when remote. Additionally, it's a nice backup :) Nevertheless, I export all my QSOs into an external ADIF file regularly.

Many providers offer LAMP systems, including Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.

Why do you want to use an external/remote MySQL database?

Claus
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
F6FLU
Old Man

Re: MySQL DataBase

Post by F6FLU »

Hello Claus,
thank you for your answer.
In fact I currently use MySQL and I directly export each QSO from Log4OM in my personal database via the "ADIF Function",
I developed in PHP a file to take into account and exploit.

As you can see it on my site
(F6FLU.org heading "My Log / Search dns mo Log")

I present my QSOs automatically and for that I developed a lot in PHP to obtain this result and I like it.

But I wonder if the linker send QSO by QSO from Log4OM;
if i used an SQL database directly I could directly mine this database instead of creating a personal one like i do ...
but it's just for "fun" and trying to understand how it works: -)
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org