Dealing with /P and country modifier callsigns etc

General discussions V2
G1YBB
Old Man

Dealing with /P and country modifier callsigns etc

Post by G1YBB »

Just wondering what people are feeling is the best plan of attack for dealing with /P operations and other such modifications to the base callsign.
I have typically used one database and added profiles for the other calls I use which are typically G1YBB/P and GW1YBB/P, now also M1B.
I have profiles on the websites to match these and upload to the suitable ones.

With V2 ability to create shortcuts for particular profiles I'm wondering if a better way might be a database for each modified callsign?
In the past on v1 I know I have forgotten to change profile and imported say G1YBB/P QSOs on a home profile and reverse etc, by mistake.

Pros and cons people have found?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Dealing with /P and country modifier callsigns etc

Post by G4POP »

G1YBB wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 15:04 I'm wondering if a better way might be a database for each modified callsign?
Providing the station call saved is correct there is no need for multiple databases because Log4OM can sort on the station call for almost every function
73 Terry G4POP
G4AON
Old Man

Re: Dealing with /P and country modifier callsigns etc

Post by G4AON »

My main log at home has profiles for G4AON and EA5/G4AON. I have LOTW certificates for both and it works well.

I use the old HamLog iPhone app to log my EA5 QSOs and email myself the resultant ADIF files to import into Log4OM.

For UK “car portable” operating, I use a Windows laptop with Minos for RSGB VHF/UHF contests, or Log4OM for general use. ADIF files from Minos are imported into the laptop Log4OM log. I have a separate G4AON/P LOTW certificate installed on the laptop.

My EA5, home and /P contacts are separately uploaded to ClubLog.

Both the laptop and desktop PC are backed up to a USB disk drive on a weekly basis.

It all works well, with no import or export issues.

73 Dave