"View, Award Status, Update Process?

General discussions V2
WA2SQQ
Old Man

"View, Award Status, Update Process?

Post by WA2SQQ »

I was using the “View” / “Award Status” to look at my WAC (Worked All Continents) award stats. I noticed several entries that were indicated as “W” (worked). In checking, in each case I had dozens of verified contacts, both by QSL and LOTW. Is there a way to have LOTW manually rescan the database to update these accurately? I can send my ADIF file if requested.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: "View, Award Status, Update Process?

Post by G4POP »

Works here

Did you do a rescan in the WAC award maintenance tab?

Dont forget eqsl confirmations do not count for ARRL awards
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Yes I did using rescan award references.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Ever since the last update there is definitely some disconnect happening.

Just sitting in the shack and saw the DX Cluster come up with BX30ARL (Taiwan) as a new country for me. If I look at "View Award Status", at the DXCC list, I have Taiwan showing as verified on 20M. On the cluster screen it keeps coming up as a new country.

My WAC screen shows several continents on various bands as "W" (worked) when in fact they are Confirmed and verified.

If Terry or any of the other admins want, I can send my ADIF file. I also have a PDF file with screen captures that show the disconnect.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

I just discovered another possibly related bug. Last night I was on FT8 using JTAlert. A station from West Virginia popped up and was announced as a "new state". Its definitely not a new state for me. I rescanned the alert list in JTALERT but it did not pick up the multiple stations I worked from WV. I manually edited the wanted state list in JTALERT and saved it. I stopped getting the alerts.

This morning I checked and it was still OK. Out of curiosity I did an alert list rescan in JTALERT. WV is back to showing as a needed state. If its reading the ADIF file in LOG4OM, than it seems to be missing some contacts.

All this started since the last update to LOG4OM.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

JTAlert is not receiving any data actively from Log4OM.
It's getting data directly from Log4OM database (sqlite), when the application requires something from Log4OM.
Data are saved in Log4OM archives, so the question should be sent to the JTAlert team.
On our side we didn't changed anything in the past months.

About differences from statistics and cluster visualization: You can configure your cluster to see statistics of your choice, by acting on the single cluster screen "VIEW" tab.
If you want to show VIEWS "driven by EQSL" (as example) you will get a NEW ONE when a country appears on the cluster that doesn't have any EQSL confirmation, and the same country may have tons of LOTW or QSL confirmations (or registered contacts).
Can you check your VIEW tab configuration in the right area of the cluster (Statistic view by)?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Daniel thanks for responding.
So the "Statistics view by" screen allows me to selectively view contacts by QSL, LOTW and others. I don't see one choice for looking at contacts that qualify for say DXCC (QSL + LOTW). But that's not the problem. My WAC stats show several continents as "W" Worked, but in reality these are all verified by wither QSL or LOTW. I captured a few screen shots and saved it as a PDF file, but this site says the file is too large to post. Can I send it to your QRZ e-mail address? When you see it visually it will be more clear.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You would be best to send a support request to Lele by email then he has all the information and an ADIF file to recreate your setup
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Noted, with my BIG thanks!
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Bob,

Did you get the information sent to Lele for support?

Or ... any new updates/status?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX