Log4OM2 + Spark (HermesLite2) + WSTJ-X + Gridtracker

General discussions V2
PH7R
Novice Class

Log4OM2 + Spark (HermesLite2) + WSTJ-X + Gridtracker

Post by PH7R »

I am trying to get CAT working on Log4OM2.
I have the following configuration:

HermesLite2 + Spark via Rigctl CAT connected to WSJT-X. Log4Om2 connected via UDP inbound to Gridtracker and WSJT-X.

Somehow I do not get CAT connected in order to show frequency. Already looking on the internet and youtube but little info. Tried Omnirig but not clear which rig to select as Spark in connected to WSJT-X via Rigctl. Appreciate some guidance.

73, Ronald
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM2 + Spark (HermesLite2) + WSTJ-X + Gridtracker

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Ronald,

first of all you´re in the wrong part of the forum. You referring to Log4OM V2 but you´re in the V1 section
and V1 is only on maintenance. So a bit hard to get some answeres from the V2 users if they don´t look
here ....

Will wait for your answere and move it to the right place.

By the way, Rigctl is not working with Log4OM. We only have Omnirig and/or Hamlib as CAT interfaces in use.
The best one is to use Omnirig with his perfect multithreading if all used programes are run with administrator
privileges.

Hermes Lite 2 is working togehther with SDR Softwares like PowerSDR and in PowerSDR you can connect to
Omnirig1 or Omnirig2 (if you have installed and running latest 1.19 from Afreet Software). As i remember
when using PowerSDR together with my former Flex-1500 you need also virtual COM Ports for using Omirig
together with PowerSDR (and/or Thetis i think).

Longer time ago that i use "black boxed" SDR´s. Meanwhile i use commercial standalone SDR´s ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
PH7R
Novice Class

Post by PH7R »

Thks Juergen,

Instead of PowerSDR I have Spark SDR running. But you gave me some direction to investigate.

73, Ronald

PS Sorry for being in the wrong place with my question.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Moving to V2 ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.