Cluster Select / Gridquare SOTA V WWFFF

General discussions V2
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Cluster Select / Gridquare SOTA V WWFFF

Post by VK2MET »

When I click on (select a cluster spot) to prefill my QSO, if it's a SOTA spot, the gridsquare is populated with the summit gridsquare.
When it's WWFF/VKFF spot, the gridsquare only acquires the callsign's home QTH/gridsquare.

How do I or the VKFF admins make it so the park gridsquare is used/pre-populated in the QSO form?
Alan
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Select / Gridquare SOTA V WWFFF

Post by G4POP »

Get WWFF to include the grid reference in the info they provide developers for download
73 Terry G4POP
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

Terry I have a file CSV containing the 6 character gridsquare locations for all VKFF parks. Where should it be sent/posted?
Alan
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

CSV file attached
Alan
Attachments
WWFFVK-Maidenhead 6 characters.csv
(147.94 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

I think I better understand the situation now, so I need to ask another question based on this new knowledge, which could also be incorrect...
Prior to a certain date, park details were added to the WWFF database individually. During this period park details could be changed individually. Post this particular date, parks were uploaded in bulk and in the case of VKFF parks, this left 1700+ parks without gridsquares (not known earlier). Since this time, the parks all have Lat/Long and gridsquare data and to go back to adding gridsquare to existing data means a very tedious job of manually editing 1700+ parks. I can understand a reluctance to do this.

So my question is centred on whether I can make these changes (add gridsquares) into the 1700+ VKFF park references in Log4OM and not have my edits overwritten by later updates which do not contain the data I add.

Also.. The wwff data csv file actually has Lat/Long and not gridsquare, so I am unsure where the conversion takes place to get the gridsquare into Log4OM. Is it wwff which does the conversion? or Log4OM?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Could you update the file and request WWFF to use the updated data, that would resolve the issue for everyone.

You will have to wait for an answer regarding the conversion from Lat/Lon to grid square because Lele is on Vacation and only he can answer that
73 Terry G4POP