WAZ displayed in order

General discussions V2
k4em
Advanced Class

WAZ displayed in order

Post by k4em »

When I go to View/Award Status/ select WAZ Award. I then want to display the zones in order, I can't? How can I do that? When I click on the First Reference block, it seems to display them in random order.

Dave
k4em
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WAZ displayed in order

Post by KI5IO »

k4em wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 11:26 When I go to View/Award Status/ select WAZ Award. I then want to display the zones in order, I can't? How can I do that? When I click on the First Reference block, it seems to display them in random order.

Dave
k4em
Dave,

Humm ... Interesting. Clicking on that first reference column does change order, but not back to sequential as you noted.

I started clicking about and found that if I click on the "other" reference column then then they will align in numerical order.

Strange for sure, but it works and I'll add it to our "bug" list.

At least there appears to be a work-a-round.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: WAZ displayed in order

Post by IW3HMH »

That's not a bug.
Log4OM award system is not specifically built for managing a single award on it's on way.
The references are stored in an alphanumeric field as they must accept a number as well as a SOTA reference.
Default grid sorting for .NET Framework (and generically windows applications) for an alphanumeric field is applied by characters, not by number value (as there is not a number value for "EU-131" compared to number "030")
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH