Reception Reports Question

General discussions V2
WA2ANG
Novice Class

Reception Reports Question

Post by WA2ANG »

Greetings:

Getting to know and use the Log4OM2 program, trying to gain experience daily
Its gradually becoming my sole logging program, I have a question concernng reception report entry.
Thre program has both a receiving and sending report box with a pulldown to select signals i.e.(599).
Is there a way to to enter my own entry? Often I use digital programs that use SNR for signal reports, and I would like to be able to enter SNR reports as well as convnetional reports.
Please let me know if this can be done, or how it can be done.
Thanks
Tom
WA2ANG
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Reception Reports Question

Post by DF5WW »

If you work modes which using SNR reports in -dB or +dB they will be logged in this format. With
this modes it´s impossible to have a correct RST so the meter show´s only the loudest signal in
the digital "channel" which is a 3 kc USB segment. If you check the pulldown if you select a mode
like FT8 or FT4 you will see that the pulldown has changed to dB instead of an RST.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
WA2ANG
Novice Class

Post by WA2ANG »

Greetings
When I go to user preferences, I select psk31, JS8, and FT8 and save/exit. When I enter my contact info into the log window. I select digital mode JS8 And Psk31 -I do not get pull down menus for SNR signal reports. When I select FT8 I get pull down for SNR values but it does not appear for other digital modes
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks Tom WA2ANG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WA2ANG
Novice Class

Post by WA2ANG »

WA2ANG wrote:Greetings
When I go to user preferences, I select psk31, JS8, and FT8 and save/exit. When I enter my contact info into the log window. I select digital mode JS8 And Psk31 -I do not get pull down menus for SNR signal reports. When I select FT8 I get pull down for SNR values but it does not appear for other digital modes
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks Tom WA2ANG

Please respond to my last post above
I only get SNR drop down for ft-8 and not js8 or psk31 - Am I doing something wrong?
Tom

DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Normally there isn´t to do something wrong. That informations coming from the rst file. It´s an XML and stored
in the Log4OM configuration folder. What version of V2 you are using ? (See Help/About).

As you can see in my screenshot it works well on my side:

SNR.png
SNR.png (107.51 KiB) Viewed 2514 times

You may also try my rst_user file. You can copy it in the folder where you find the rst file. You don´t
have to delete the original files so _user files override the original ones.

rst_user.xml
(24.12 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
Ab6kx
Novice Class

Post by Ab6kx »

I am having this same issue. when selecting mode FT8 it is properly offering db signal options but when selecting js8 its giving rst option which is not valid for JS8. I believe that the issue may be related to needing a JS8 entry in the RST.xml file. Just my thought. Im using version 2.17.0.0
Attachments
js8_!.JPG
js8_!.JPG (54.43 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
js8_2.JPG
js8_2.JPG (56.01 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Dave,

If you download the rst_user.xml file that Juergen posted above you can open/edit that file in a text editor and add the codes for JS8. Then save that file in the location where you find the rst.xml file.

Do NOT delete the rst.xml file as that gets updated with new updates of Log4OM V2. The xml file with the _user tag is yours and does not get over-written.

Danielle (as I recall) likely has adding JS8 and related information to the rst.xml for a future release.

But ... in the meantime you can modify that file from Juergen and give it a go until Danielle gets it added.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
Ab6kx
Novice Class

Post by Ab6kx »

Thanks, that will work for now

I appreciate the help