Contest performance

General discussions V2
SP5NZF
Novice Class

Contest performance

Post by SP5NZF »

Hi,
I'm new fan of L4Ong 2.17. It's great. I just need some more experience to get all of its capabilities. So please help me configure L4OM for Contest:
1. Context:
I have ca. 300 calls (and growing) in SQLite database (VACUUM'ed yesterday) on local SSD drive (400kB in size).
I use it for Contest (60 calls).
Cluster is OFF, callsign lookup on QRZ.com is On (but switching it OFF does not change).
2. To be improved
There is lag (delay) between entering call and DUPE display.
It is below 1 sec, but in Contest I work on VOX so it comes AFTER I start calling Correspondent just to find out it is DUPE and have to say "sorry".
So : HOW TO SPEED UP DUPE DETECTION ?
ES1TAR
New user

Re: Contest performance

Post by ES1TAR »

Hi,

I have experienced the same issue - DUPE check was slow.
I restarted the application several times and it made it a bit faster. Also I noticed slowing down of the application during contest, unfortunately I did not have time to check debug logs or information.
I have pretty fast i7 with 16GB RAM.

I wonder if the index CREATE UNIQUE INDEX IDX_LOG_KEYS ON Log (QsoDate ASC, Callsign ASC, Band ASC, Mode ASC) is used during duplicate checks or how the DUPES check actually works ?
In my case I was using only single band 20m and single mode SSB and contest was 2 days of course.
In this case the check only against uniqueness of the Callsign would be enough but maybe it is not optimal for some other contests ...

I wonder maybe for such cases separate index creation is OK for application ?

Tarmo
ES1TAR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Most likely the cluster activity causing delays during the contes especially if using the RBN

Next release has improvements in this area to speed things up
73 Terry G4POP
SP5NZF
Novice Class

Post by SP5NZF »

Great to hear the fix is underway.
Please note however that the cluster was OFF (maybe it doesn't matter, but just to make sure).
73 and thanks again for great s/w.