Bulk edit and external lookups

General discussions V2
IZ7AUE
Novice Class

Bulk edit and external lookups

Post by IZ7AUE »

Hi everybody and thanks for the help you are giving.

I need to bulk update several qsos and still can not to find the way to something that probably is easy.
Examples:

1 - just imported the contest log into Log4OM and got the state (italian provinces actually) in the Received string field.
I just need to literally move the whole field to the state field, it would be easy if i was brave enough ro try messing up with Sql commands, but better not. also something like going csv , change and come back to L4O, but also seems not possible. Is there any way to do this.

2 - I’m trying to chase the abt 2600 Russians RDA, right now I’m editing all the qsos one by one, crosschecking with external websites (for example qrz.ru) that almost always have grid locators and RDAs.
But again, checking hundreds of qsos every time is very time consuming.
Can I somehow query a specified website and pick up a certain field, like it happens for qrz.com?

Thanks, Tony
IZ7AUE
Novice Class

Re: Bulk edit and external lookups

Post by IZ7AUE »

76 ppl read and nobody answers.
Is too difficult what I ask or
I don't deserve replies?
2 posts here 0 replies...

Sorry for complaining,
it was just to understand if I ask
useless questions.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IZ7AUE wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 19:54 76 ppl read and nobody answers.
I don't deserve replies?

Sorry for complaining,
useless questions.

Probably no one knows the answer?

Try rebuilding the awards references from the Awards statistics facility

As for moving data from 'Comments' to another field you need good expertise in 'Direct SQL queries' to do that from the QSO Manager

Perhaps a direct request to Lele might get you what you want?
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Tony,

we´re in the christmas time and some guys like to do other things than reading in the forums
and answering questions. By the way, 76 readers don´t mean that those are 76 different
persons. Each time if a visitor is reading a post it´s count as one more. So it´s possible that
there was only a handfull of operators that have visitied your thread.

By the way, open the QSO Manager, search for the contacts you like to update, select them
all and hit "Update Info" at the upper left. Could be need a while if you select a bunch of
contacts. That´s the way for a multiple lookup.

Mulriple Lookup.png
Mulriple Lookup.png (46.49 KiB) Viewed 2311 times

Merry christmas and a happy new year .... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IZ7AUE
Novice Class

Post by IZ7AUE »

Hi Juergen, I realize I was a bit harsh in my reply, but unfortunately it was already the second time I was asking for help and I can not disturb Lele each time I have a problem.
Thanks a lot for replying but unfortunatelly, "Update Info" doesn't move a field into another (I was not asking for data lookup on internet).
And also I was asking if is possible to add different external sources as for example QRZ.RU and parsing some data.

NVM, thanks anyway for trying to help.
Best Wishes to you too.
Tony
DF5WW wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 08:07 Hello Tony,

we´re in the christmas time and some guys like to do other things than reading in the forums
and answering questions. By the way, 76 readers don´t mean that those are 76 different
persons. Each time if a visitor is reading a post it´s count as one more. So it´s possible that
there was only a handfull of operators that have visitied your thread.

By the way, open the QSO Manager, search for the contacts you like to update, select them
all and hit "Update Info" at the upper left. Could be need a while if you select a bunch of
contacts. That´s the way for a multiple lookup.

Mulriple Lookup.png

Merry christmas and a happy new year .... ;) ;)
IZ7AUE
Novice Class

Post by IZ7AUE »

G4POP wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 07:55
IZ7AUE wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 19:54 76 ppl read and nobody answers.
I don't deserve replies?

Sorry for complaining,
useless questions.

Probably no one knows the answer?

Try rebuilding the awards references from the Awards statistics facility

As for moving data from 'Comments' to another field you need good expertise in 'Direct SQL queries' to do that from the QSO Manager

Perhaps a direct request to Lele might get you what you want?
Hi Terry,
thanks for the reply.
For sure Direct SQL queries aew rhe answer, but is too risky to use for a person whio knows zero of sql queries.
Actually I'm a bit unsure I should disturb Lele everytime I have problem, he is always nice, buit was trying to get a
reply here on the forum first.
Yhanks, and best wishes to you.
73 de Tony IZ7AUE
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

Hi,
The Update Info works well for general lookup info. Is there a similar bulk operation for updating the Distance field? To avoid having to open and update each QSO manually which does update the Distance.
Alan
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK2MET wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 09:01 Hi,
The Update Info works well for general lookup info. Is there a similar bulk operation for updating the Distance field? To avoid having to open and update each QSO manually which does update the Distance.
Alan
Please Please, user guide Page 94

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (134.7 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
73 Terry G4POP
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

Yes - Terry. I have that. but I notice that after the update info executes, the Recent QSO listing reflects all the updated information but the Distances ARE STILL 0.
BUT, After you save a QSO with a single edit, the Recent QSOs list is all refreshed WITH the distances.
It would seem that Update Info does work to update distances but this calc must execute AFTER the initial info update requests a page refresh and so the distances DO NOT show immediately - thus my misunderstanding.
Alan

Well I just tested and it works for me fine!

You do realise that there must be a grid reference both for your location (MyGridsquare) and the other station (Gridsquare) for this to calculate.

Did you uncheck 'Simulate'?
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

Yes Terry - There is a grid for both me and the other station - if there weren't, there would never be a distance calculated - the distance do eventually show - it's a matter of data refresh, as I said. No problem now that I know. It was just a bit off putting when the distances didn't show with all the other updated info data. It needed a second refresh to show the distances.
Alan