States entry

General discussions V2
ve3wej
Old Man

States entry

Post by ve3wej »

are the state entry window strictly for us states, and canadian provinces?? after working several of the L21RCA staions, I find the state I entered is correct when you double click to edit, but the log view only shows a single letter, and not always a letter in the province mentioned

example Neuquen province shows that state in the contact's detail window, but only shows Q under state heading..

could this be a spanish to english confusion, or can these provinces be added somewhere
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: States entry

Post by G4POP »

No its for any prefecture/state, see the ADIF list

However if the station worked does not list his state correctly or QRZ or other lookup systems dont provide it then we cannot make guesses
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Terry,

I can confirm what Dave (ve3wej) has noted. I have L21RCA in my logbook as well and when I open the Q to edit the state is properly filled in. I may have also deduced it's location and selected from the state drop-down, but regardless it is filled in.

What I have also noticed (as Dave said) when looking at the QSO Manager grid and scroll down to L21RCA the only value visible in the 'state' column is the first alpha character of the state I have selected/saved for the Q.

Looks like Lele has the data in the program, but just not being transferred to fully fill the state cell in a grid display.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ve3wej
Old Man

Post by ve3wej »

Thanks for replying, Terry I had forgot to mention this was having to be manually added, so I assume the state data may not be on Qrz ( never looked actually)

Nolan, thanks for being able to duplicate this. was not sure if it just something I had set wrong, but looked for several hours

looking forward to a fix, whenever it can be updated.