Disable lookups

General discussions V2
vk2mox
Novice Class

Disable lookups

Post by vk2mox »

Asking for a friend (no really) :) is it possible to disable the lookup when entering a callsign into Log4OMv2?

It doesn't bother me so much but a friend is saying the few seconds it takes to do the lookup(s) takes too long (although he enjoys log4om otherwise).

I've searched the forums and can see some older posts about slow lookups, but i was wondering if they can be disabled?

I've also searched the manual and unless i've missed it thought i'd ask.

Thanks!
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Disable lookups

Post by KI5IO »

vk2mox wrote: 11 May 2022, 12:33 Asking for a friend (no really) :) is it possible to disable the lookup when entering a callsign into Log4OMv2?

It doesn't bother me so much but a friend is saying the few seconds it takes to do the lookup(s) takes too long (although he enjoys log4om otherwise).

I've searched the forums and can see some older posts about slow lookups, but i was wondering if they can be disabled?

Thanks!
Chris,

First off be sure to be using the most current version of Log4OM. The current release is: V 2.22.0.8

I think it is listed as a 'Beta', but is a 'release candidate' so is solid.

You and/or your friend can enable/disable various elements that can assist, but all depends upon an OM's personal usage preferences. Here are some screen clips of how I currently have my installation set. I'll make many changes for testing and also when events such as the weekly CWTs are running as there can be a lot of cluster traffic during those events.

Once you make such changes I suggest that restarting Log4OM for them to lock into place as well.

Turning VOACAP on/off is under Configuration/VOACAP Propagation
Attachments
config-performance.JPG
config-performance.JPG (64.83 KiB) Viewed 863 times
config-infoproviders.JPG
config-infoproviders.JPG (66.44 KiB) Viewed 863 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

vk2mox wrote: 11 May 2022, 12:33 Asking for a friend (no really) :) is it possible to disable the lookup when entering a callsign into Log4OMv2?

Thanks!

I beleive that your asking how to disable on line lookup, just disable it in Settings/Program Configuration/Info Providers
73 Terry G4POP
vk2mox
Novice Class

Post by vk2mox »

Many thanks, i'll give it a try.

And also thanks for all the work on Log4OM, a great app :)

Cheers.