Grid Square Stats on Main UI

General discussions V2
HB9DBM
Novice Class

Grid Square Stats on Main UI

Post by HB9DBM »

Hello All,
Whatever I do, I see always all the Grid related Fields on the Main UI as blue, even when i enter a callsign which i worked several times before on thos particular band.
Goal:
When I enter a 4 or 6 Digit Grid square I'd, like to see correct statistics (based on 4 Character Grid i.e. JN65) like the ones for DXCC, which work perfectly well.
Means I'd like to see wether a Grid is New, New for the actual Band or new for the actual Mode.
What I am missing or doing the wrong way ?

Thanks for any help.
2022-05-30 14_11_17-LOG4OM 2 v.2.21.1.0 [Profile_ HB9DBM  ALL].png
2022-05-30 14_11_17-LOG4OM 2 v.2.21.1.0 [Profile_ HB9DBM ALL].png (56.87 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
------
Mark, HB9DBM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid Square Stats on Main UI

Post by G4POP »

You should watch the top rows which indicates a new square, square on band and square on mode not with colour coding following the convention depicted on page 34>>> of our user guide

Screenshot 2022-05-30 154910.png
Screenshot 2022-05-30 154910.png (35.29 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
73 Terry G4POP
ON6AB
Novice Class

Post by ON6AB »

I fully understand Mark in his comments. The GRID boxes never change colour. Are they supposed to?
Terry, I'm sorry but I don't understand when you say "you should watch the top row".
As I see it, the top row says NEW ONE / NEW BAND / NEW MODE
Nothing to do with grids...
Also on page 34 of the manual, there is no mention about GRIDS
Are the squares on the second row, namely NEW GRID / GRID BAND / GRID MODE supposed to ever change their (blue) colour?
If so, can you please explain how configure them correctly?

Many thanks,
ON6AB
Novice Class

Post by ON6AB »

Never got an answer on this.
I guess the GRID boxes just don't work...
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ON6AB wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 09:33 The GRID boxes never change colour. Are they supposed to?
Yes they do change see images below

I don't understand when you say "you should watch the top row".
As I see it, the top row says NEW ONE / NEW BAND / NEW MODE
Nothing to do with grids...
They change colour according to the worked status of the grid reference entered in the input window - If you worked the grid on band or mode they stay Grey if you have not they change to Orange

If you have NEVER worked the grid NEW ONE changes from Grey to Red

Also on page 34 of the manual, there is no mention about GRIDS

As I stated "not with colour coding following the convention depicted on page 34>>> of our user guide"

Are the squares on the second row, namely NEW GRID / GRID BAND / GRID MODE supposed to ever change their (blue) colour?

Yes they do change colour as in my examples below.

I have worked OZ1W on the band and mode in that grid square - so all GRID indicators are Grey

Colours 1.png
Colours 1.png (52.85 KiB) Viewed 959 times

Conversely I have never worked DXCC PZ5 Suriname so clearly I cannot have worked any grid in that country on any band or mode so the GRID indicators tell me that its a NEW ONE for the GRID, BAND and MODE

Colours 2.png
Colours 2.png (35.41 KiB) Viewed 959 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ON6AB wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 12:04 Never got an answer on this.
I guess the GRID boxes just don't work...
I dont always see posts and there are many user who could also answer your questions

By the way you did not state which version of Log4OM your using, you should ALWAYS do so because the software changes rapidly and for all we know you could be using a very outdated version!

As an example like the guy who was lambasting me on email last week who consistently claimed to be using the 'Latest version' for a supposed issue but he was using the very first release of Log4OM NG.

His issue was caused by a change in the web address of an on-line log and we had modified the software year ago to conform with the change of URL - It took a Teamviewer session for me to discover just what version he was using!
73 Terry G4POP
HB9DBM
Novice Class

Post by HB9DBM »

Hi Terry
Thanks very much for your input. I am really glad to see in theorie Grid Square Colors are working, BUT NOT FOR ME.....
Please see my original post at the very top of this thread, there you see that I worked a certain station (HB7X) several times and still all 3 Grid fields are cyan where they should be gray.

So there must be a problem in my settings, but i struggle to find which setting could cause this... any ideas?
------
Mark, HB9DBM