Created alerts not saved ?

General discussions V2
k3uk
Advanced Class

Created alerts not saved ?

Post by k3uk »

:?
I created an alert successfully and saved it. I then created a second alert with different filters, and saved it with a different name . The second alert also worked well ... BUT after closing Log4OM and re-opening it, the first alert is always there but the second one is never listed. I have to create it again and it lasts until the next Log4OM closure . Confused .
Andy K3UK
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Created alerts not saved ?

Post by G4POP »

Version number?
73 Terry G4POP
k3uk
Advanced Class

Post by k3uk »

2.22.0.0 on a Win 10 machine.

Andy K3UK
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please update to 2.23.0.0
73 Terry G4POP
k3uk
Advanced Class

Post by k3uk »

I have updated to the latest version and the problems persists. Today I created two more rules for alerts, named them and saved them. They appeared on my list of alerts but did not re-appear after closing and rebooting the program. Is there a config file the created alerts should be listed in ?

Andy K3UK
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Saved in main user config file

However I think your issue is one of Windows security, either anti virus or firewall intervention or perhaps your files are in a folder to which your denied access, this sometimes happens after a Windows update changes the access to some folders for security reasons

No one else has reported this and its working fine when I test it!
73 Terry G4POP
k3uk
Advanced Class

Post by k3uk »

I tried things on a second computer, also running Windows 10. Same problem, the first alert named was saved and returned when Log4OM was rebooted. Subsequent alerts named and saved did not returned after a reboot. However, I also notice that with both installations on the two computers, Log4OM never closes fully. I have to end the task in task manager for Log4OM to fully close. Could this cause the alert problem?

Andy K3UK
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Is Log4om being 'Run as an administrator' ?

Did you install the software using the default location settings or did you locate program and user files in your choice of location? like another drive or folder
73 Terry G4POP
k3uk
Advanced Class

Post by k3uk »

I used the install defaults. I don't think I specifically have been running as an administrator. I will do that and see what happens.
Thanks
Andy K3UK
k3uk
Advanced Class

Post by k3uk »

Using the open as administrator option did the trick. The program closes correctly, and the alert configs are stored and recalled. Thanks. Looks like TQSL is the issue. Now off to read the Log4OM docs on manual uploads to LoTW, it's been a while since I set LoTW stuff up within Log4OM.

Andy K3UK