Update Selected QSL Confirmations

General discussions V2
k3uk
Advanced Class

Update Selected QSL Confirmations

Post by k3uk »

:?:
I'm a bit confused by the QSL Management area marked "Update Selected QSL Confirmations " illustrated on page 103 of the Log4OM . I think my confusion still stems from all the No/Yes/Requested/Sent stuff mentioned in Terry's videos that resulted from ADIF rules. I have quite a few QSOs marked as NOT sent to LoTW , when in fact they were sent by other methods. I have actually received the LoTW confirmation (and is noted in Log4OM). This is the result of using Gridtracker that immediately uploads a complected QSO but Log4om is unaware I have done that. I have now stopped Gridtracker from uploading after each QSO and now rely only on Log4OM to upload manually to LoTW (uploading automatically still does not work because of the reported Log4OM/TQSL conflicts).

So, I just want to change the ones that say "no", to "sent" to LoTW . That area in page 103 of the guide, marked in orange, is not very self-explanatory. Do I just select the QSOs marked "no" , tick the "enable update" box and also tick the "sent" box? Leave alone all the other ... no, yes, requested, queued, invalid options in the drop-down box
Andy K3UK
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Update Selected QSL Confirmations

Post by G4POP »

Qsl manager

Select LOTW

Select the QSO'S that need updating (highlight)

Set the lotw sent status to yes and date today

Click update button

Done
73 Terry G4POP
PA3BZT
Novice Class

Post by PA3BZT »

Hi Terry,
thanks to Nolan, KI5IO, I am getting the conformation settings set correctly.
As my confirmation settings for LOTW was not correctly set, the result is that all my LOTW Received have the status Requested.
Using the QSL Manager, I've downloaded the LOTW Received confirmations for all my qso's logged. The ones not being confirmed still show the status 'Requested'.
I want to change all the qso's having a LOTW Receive status Requested to No .
Following your instructions in the previous post the main issue is that no qso's are shown in the QSL Manager window,
is any setting missing?
It's not needed to set a date range?

Qsl manager
ok

Select LOTW
ok

Select the QSO'S that need updating (highlight)
NO qso's are shown to select

Set the lotw sent status to yes and date today
Must the Enable update be selected?

Click update button
Is this the Diskette in the Enable Update window?

Fred
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Fred,

When you open QSL Manager and have selected LOTW I'm guessing the default value in the "sent" (drop-down) box is "No".

Change that value to Requested via the drop-down and then tap the Search button.

That should then cause all the LOTW Q's you have saved to appear.

Follow Terry's steps ... I've attached an image from QSL Manager and steps to get the "Requested" Q's to appear so you can then make the change from 'Requested' to 'No'.
Attachments
lotw-qsl-manager-requested-medium.JPG
lotw-qsl-manager-requested-medium.JPG (54.03 KiB) Viewed 779 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
PA3BZT
Novice Class

Post by PA3BZT »

Nolan,

Your picture is fully clear to me, thanks!
Managed to change them all!
Since the number of changes is huge, I optionally used the Date “From” and “To” selection located
under the field “Callsign” to limit the range for a controlled update sequence.

I wish this kind of pictures are in the LOG4OM manual, it will better explain how to use the program.
The manual is partly missing some essential step by step information.

73, Fred - PA3BZT