V2 not logging correctly from WSJT-X

General discussions V2
G4XMJ
Novice Class

V2 not logging correctly from WSJT-X

Post by G4XMJ »

Using v2.23, wsjt-x 2.5.4 and jtalert 2.51.5 and I noticed today that the Band RX and Freq RX fields are not being filled in. They have been previously but scrolling down the log to check, I've noticed that between September and November 2020 these fields weren't populated. Since then up to today all is ok.

On the main page the band is shown as is the Rx Freq.

Any ideas what's going on here?

73 Geoff. G4XMJ
N6VH
Old Man

Re: V2 not logging correctly from WSJT-X

Post by N6VH »

Geoff,

This is not a Log4OM error. The frequencies logged are those sent by WSJT-X, which sends the same frequency for both TX and RX. It uses your TX frequency. As far as the band is concerned, it should be the same anyhow, at least as far as FT8 and FT4 modes are concerned.

Jim N6VH

P. S. I might not have understood your question completely (I got distracted at the time). At any rate, all of my QSOs during the 2020 time frame you mentioned do have the Band RX and Freq RX filled in. As I said, they are identical to the Freq TX and Band. I did find some examples from 2018 and 2019 where those fields weren't filled in, but it looks like this information came from either N1MM+ or Writelog (even though WSJT-X was used to make the QSOs). Having said all of this, Log4OM can only log what it receives from another source.