Question about merged logs

General discussions V2
EA1PJ
Novice Class

Question about merged logs

Post by EA1PJ »

Hi all!

I have three different callsigns (all from the same location) merged in my LOG4OM. I wonder if I can get the following: imagine that I have few QSOs with G4POP, worked with my previous callsings. With my actual configuration, and my new callsign, if I work again G4POP, I won't get a list of the QSOs ("worked before" window) with him. Is there a way to configure the log to get this info?

TIA
Carlos EA1PJ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Question about merged logs

Post by G4POP »

If you imported the 3 logs to one Log4om database the WB4 will show all QSO'S with the station regardless of your call sign at the time, unless you apply filters to your log
73 Terry G4POP
LB4MI
Advanced Class

Post by LB4MI »

Hi G4POP,

you write: "...unless you apply filters to your log"

Could you elaborate on that? I have tried to apply filter to my "Recent QSO's" for my primary callsign, to get the "Worked before" to only give results on primary callsign.

But whatever I try, so far, the "Worked before" gives results based on all the callsign I have used before.

Do I need to split the different callsigns to different databases, to get "Worked before" /Statistics?

I do like that all callsigns are combined, so when I talk with someone - I can see if I have ever worked them before from one of my previous callsigns. But I want the statistics to be only based on the active profile/callsign.

Any advice? :)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Dear Helge,

Just to clarify as follows

The confirmation data shown in the main UI below is calculated on the complete database for all of your call signs

Frame 1 new.jpg
Frame 1 new.jpg (17.89 KiB) Viewed 853 times

The history displayed in the worked before screens are calculated on the complete database and includes all of your call signs

If you need to see confirmation and WB4 status displayed by your station call signs you will need to use a separate database for each of your call signs

Frame 2.jpg
Frame 2.jpg (171.11 KiB) Viewed 853 times

However when viewing Award statistics, label print, QSL manager and QSO manager etc you can filter by call sign

Frame 3.jpg
Frame 3.jpg (200.04 KiB) Viewed 853 times
73 Terry G4POP
LB4MI
Advanced Class

Post by LB4MI »

Thanks for the clarifiation!

Perhaps then, a setting in future version could be to set the Station Callsign to be used for the main UI statistics?

I just made a suggestion, to the perfect place (after my opinion! 8-) )
2022-11-27_19-24-10.jpg
2022-11-27_19-24-10.jpg (140.35 KiB) Viewed 841 times

Best regards,
Helge