MY_GRIDSQUARE and eQSL uploads

General discussions V2
VK2MET
Advanced Class

MY_GRIDSQUARE and eQSL uploads

Post by VK2MET »

I do a lot of park activations - portable - where I activate in gridsquare other than my home QTH. I like to record the GS in my contacts so e.g. the QSO map is generated correctly from my portable op site.
But this causes grief with eQSL uploads because unless I create a separate linked account for each GS location, eQSL determines an error on the mismatch.
My previous workaround was to manually export to ADIF, replace the real location GD with my home GS and upload the batch manually to eQSL.
But this turns out to be a lot of work. So too would making a separate linked account for every portable OP site. It would require me to also have a new profile in Log4OM.

So I was wondering if there is a way to upload my QSOs to eQSL, WITHOUT the MY-GRIDSQUARE value or substitute it on the fly to my profile GRIDSQUARE.?

Or maybe others have discovered another workaround for this issue?

Alan
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: MY_GRIDSQUARE and eQSL uploads

Post by G4POP »

No there is no way to do what you suggest.

Is there no way in eqsl to have an empty grid square in your profile record so that there is no mismatch on import?

Otherwise I think you will need to create separate linked account for every portable OP site in eqsl
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Dont forget that from Log4OM QSO manager you can export to ADIF and select/deselect the fields to be exported this could save some time editing the exported ADIF
73 Terry G4POP
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

OK thanks - it was worth asking - I'll go with the way I've been doing it - export and manual upload.
Alan
s57vv
Novice Class

Post by s57vv »

Since version 2.23 I noticeed too, that GRID is everytime fulfilled with the first 4 signs (e.g. JN76) according to the country callsign belongs to.

Is it possible to turn off this (misleading) finctionality as grid is being entered even when I import ADIF and it has not being entered in original ADIF file.

So far I tried to reset the grid field through QSO manager, but QSO lenght is not being recalculated (reset) thus I need to edit QSO's one by one - which is very time consuming.

73, S57VV
73 Primož S57VV

Rigs: FT-818ND, FT-65, TH87, W2E