A few suggestions

sq9jxb
Advanced Class

A few suggestions

Post by sq9jxb »

Hello everyone

My suggestions for the program:
1. Backup - saving the program and database configuration to a .zip file
2. Restore - restore the program and database configuration. (useful when installing the program on a new computer)
3. Adif Monitor - scanning the wsjtx_log.adi file but NOT creating duplicates. (enabling this option creates duplicate QSOs in the current log - this has already been signaled on the Forum)
4. Simplifying cooperation of Log4OM 2 with JTDX / WSJTX without JT-Alert. (using UDP and TCP ports)
5. Adding QSO upload to QRZCQ.com - using the API key
6. Adding the clock after the Show Cat Interface button.

Regards
Log4OM V2, JTDX 2.2.1-158.x64, HP Compaq i5, Windows 10 x64
Yaesu FT-897D, Icom IC-735, Musb1017/Musb2232FK, ATU-150,LDG-AT-200Pro
SGC PowerClear, EMU0202
73!
Jan SQ9JXB
vu2cpl
New user

Re: A few suggestions

Post by vu2cpl »

Hi,
I recently started looking at Log4OM to check if I can replace my mac mini running RumlogNG.
I also feel item 4, will be of great help. ie, Using only LOg4OM, parse the adif messages of decodes from WSJT/JTDX and populate the spots window.
This will enable using just LOg4OM and WSJTX/JTDX and get alerts on wanted DXCC/Mode/Bands.
Another suggestion is to improve the statistics window in awards to include DXCC challenge points and including VUCC grid tracking.

Thanks for a great program. I left windows when HRD was the best option and I never felt there was anything worth the switch back to windows.
Log4OM has made me take a second look at a windows PC in shack! Congrats and keep up the good work!

73 Manoj VU2CPL