Name instead of number for rig?

PA1WBU
Novice Class

Name instead of number for rig?

Post by PA1WBU »

Would it be possible to have a, user configurable, name instead of a number for the rig selection (see screenshot)?
Rig-2020-02-13 20_21_19-Window.png
Rig-2020-02-13 20_21_19-Window.png (3.11 KiB) Viewed 4414 times
Aside question: 2 rigs is a Omnirig limit or do I have that wrong? Any way to change that into (say) 4?

73 Wilko
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Name instead of number for rig?

Post by KI5IO »

PA1WBU wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 19:24 Would it be possible to have a, user configurable, name instead of a number for the rig selection (see screenshot)?

Rig-2020-02-13 20_21_19-Window.png

Aside question: 2 rigs is a Omnirig limit or do I have that wrong? Any way to change that into (say) 4?

73 Wilko
Wilko,

Currently not enough space to add "name" capable display for rig choice. I'm guessing it could be done, but it boils down to how much space should be reserved for such?

Original and supported OmniRig is limited to two (2) rigs.

There is a Swiss OM who has built a version of OmniRig that can accommodate up to 4-rigs, but it has problems. Danielle and Terry and others have been working with him over many months to try and get issues in his version fixed/repaired, but that has not happened thus we can't support it with Log4OM V1 or V2 at this time.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Wilko,

first of all, yes ... Omnirig in original version can handle 2 different RIG´s only. In the past in V1
also the "Omnirig V2 from Swiss" has been worked but this one has produced some errors to V2.
The reason to handle the RIG in Log4OM is the thing that Omnirig say 1 or 2 and not "Elecraft xx"
or "ALT-512" .... There are different setups needed in Omnirig and Log4OM can´t made a difference
between the 2 setted radios. So Rig 1 and Rig 2 are compatible ....

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
PA1WBU
Novice Class

Post by PA1WBU »

Thank you!

Wilko
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

I personally think there is room if you remove the select rig box. Should be able to have named rigs up to about 10 characters

Would be a nice addition.

I still dont understand why Log4OM will not display both frequencies of the Flex. They are both on separate com ports and should be able to be treated like two radios. As it stands even thought I can toggle between "rigs" I have a hard time using it.

My preference would be to just click on the frequency display (lose the scrolling digits that change radio) and make that radio active.

Appears you would have to move the split which does not seem to work with my rig anyway.

Rich
Attachments
2020-02-14_6-14-29.gif
2020-02-14_6-14-29.gif (75.95 KiB) Viewed 4393 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

kd0zv wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 12:54 I personally think there is room if you remove the select rig box. Should be able to have named rigs up to about 10 characters

Would be a nice addition.

I still dont understand why Log4OM will not display both frequencies of the Flex. They are both on separate com ports and should be able to be treated like two radios. As it stands even thought I can toggle between "rigs" I have a hard time using it.

My preference would be to just click on the frequency display (lose the scrolling digits that change radio) and make that radio active.

Rich
Wilko & Rich,

Both of y'all have brought yet even more insight to Wilko's initial post. Going back to my post about the 'name label' ... Make it an OM's choice of a "free-form" label or have a list of known rig names/numbers to choose from? If a list it would have to be able to be edited by the OM as some companies come out with many new rigs each year.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Nolan it would have to be user edited for sure. Just a label basically.

While talking about that upper bar.... :)

I think the toolbar would be awesome if it was user definable. Check what items you want to see. This would include beam information. 95% of all hams will never use "elevation" in their entire ham career and many do not have beams so will never use azimuth. If those were in segments they could be added/removed from the toolbar.

I would rather have other icons available up there and most of us run decent enough resolution that we could add 20 icons. I would rather see an icon for QSL manager, Solar Data, Band Map, awards, etc.

The program is working amazingly well for me. Just my 2 cents (or 10) worth on things that would make it better for me.

Rich
Attachments
122.gif
122.gif (16.02 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team