Call search for labels

PA0AER
Advanced Class

Call search for labels

Post by PA0AER »

I use "label print" for single labels with a Dymo printer. Would like to see 2 changes / adjustments:

Make it possible to search by call in "QSO selection"

Removing redundant label definitions, 1 definition is for me enough (for the Dymo). Now is alway the first one chosen (Avery 8160)
LB4MI
Advanced Class

Re: Call search for labels

Post by LB4MI »

Hi, what Dymo do you use, and is it easy to use for the label printing? Looking for what to buy.. 73
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

I use a LabelWriter 400. But also a Brother QL-560, I prefer the Brother. Making labels with log4om is not easy. There is no possibility to change the default format. You also can't - or I didn't find how - create a label while you're doing QSL-ing. I am very happy with Log4OM V2 but not with bringing in old QSOs and making labels.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

PA0AER wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 09:32 I use a LabelWriter 400. But also a Brother QL-560, I prefer the Brother. Making labels with log4om is not easy. There is no possibility to change the default format. You also can't - or I didn't find how - create a label while you're doing QSL-ing. I am very happy with Log4OM V2 but not with bringing in old QSOs and making labels.
Ger,

Setting up a label definition for you printing devices is quite simple. Go to: Utilities / Label Definition

You can select one of the basic label definitions from the dropdown then you need to make adjustments as needed for your paper/label properties in both the page layout and label properties tabs. You can then save those adjustments so you have them for future and easy use over time. My modified label is saved as: user_KI5IO_Avery 8160

As I was making adjustments I was tapping the test button that generates a PDF file that pops up on your screen and you can overlay that test page to your actual labels/paper to see how they lay out. Thus you are not wasting labels for the tests and alignment.

Once you have the label template set to your needs then you simply select that modified label on the proper tab when you use the Label Print routine in Log4OM V2.

More information about Label Design and QSL Label Printing is located in the "current" User Guide on Page 82.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX