Instant backup option?

HA7RJA
Novice Class

Instant backup option?

Post by HA7RJA »

I tried to find the answer, but couldn't find it.
First congrats with this fantastic QSO logging program that I recently started using.
I wonder if the prg has some 'instant backup' function. I mean, suppose that you are in the midst of a QSO (nothing saved yet) and suddenly there is a power outage that shuts down your PC, if only for one second! Are all unsafed (and not yet backup-ed) data lost?
Long ago (I'm talking the 1980's) I wrote my own logging program, which DID HAVE an anti-crash safeguard, including a recovery function.
73 de HA7RJA (former PA3BSV)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Instant backup option?

Post by G4POP »

HA7RJA wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 14:42 I tried to find the answer, but couldn't find it.
First congrats with this fantastic QSO logging program that I recently started using.
I wonder if the prg has some 'instant backup' function. I mean, suppose that you are in the midst of a QSO (nothing saved yet) and suddenly there is a power outage that shuts down your PC, if only for one second! Are all unsafed (and not yet backup-ed) data lost?
Long ago (I'm talking the 1980's) I wrote my own logging program, which DID HAVE an anti-crash safeguard, including a recovery function.
You should only lose the QSO in progress, assuming you have not already saved it, because Log4om dynamically logs to your sqlite file the instant a QSO is saved therefore all prior QSO'S have already been saved and uploaded to the online logs if you have set auto upload.
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Re: Instant backup option?

Post by N6VH »

I highly recommend an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS). With your computer plugged into it, it should give you plenty of time to save whatever needs saving and shut down the computer.

Jim N6VH