Annoying behavior

CU3ED
Novice Class

Annoying behavior

Post by CU3ED »

Hi,

Picture this scenario:
You are updating your QSO's in the "QSO Manager" or the "QSL Manager" window, the main window of Log4OM is minimized, also in the background I'm doing some QSO's using WSJT.
So, you start updating some awards or selecting some call to print the label, and the main window is constantly, changing the main window to the information of the call that I'm calling or to the log QSO.
Why? It is minimized or in the background! I'm using another window?!?!
If you are updating a lot of call's after some time, this is very annoying and against productivity...
Just my 2 cents...

All the best,

D
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Annoying behavior

Post by G4POP »

CU3ED wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 16:55 in the background I'm doing some QSO's using WSJT.
I guess your using a robot version of WSJT for automatically logging QSO's to Log4OM

If thats the case the focus is being taken over when the QSO is in progress/being logged and that is why your active window loses focus.

Stop robot WSJT and all will be fine
73 Terry G4POP
CU3ED
Novice Class

Post by CU3ED »

Hi,

No, not using a robot, that would kill the purpose of doing QSO's! Also I did investigate on that, and the solutions available are for older version of the WSJT, also another problem for me. Why do I know that? Because I made a investigation for a hamradio with disabilities, that needed for FT4, but it's to fast for him.
What I have, is WSJT, with JTAlert on a remote desktop, sending the info by UDP.
I use this setup, because the "main" computer is to work also, and I want the computer completely disconnected from the radio.
If you think, that this problem, is caused by my particular setup, I can work with the Log4OM, in offline, like I had before, and later, do a import ADIF from the WSJT log file.

All the Best,

D
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

How often are you simultaneously editing in QSO or QSL manager while having at the same time an FT8 QSO, is it something you are doing hourly, daily, weekly or what?

What editing are you doing in the managers?
73 Terry G4POP
CU3ED
Novice Class

Post by CU3ED »

Hi,

A day I normally work in front of the computer around 10 hours, since I use a setup with more than 2 screens I am normally doing FT8.
The last day's I have been updating the DOK award for all the German stations that I contacted, and also, selecting the QSO's that I want to send Direct QSL to NA, around 300, using at the same time QRZ.com.
It as bean tedious but I'm almost done.
During that process I detected that problem.
So answering to your question:
- It has been full days, doing that...

All the best, and stay safe,

D
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

While keeping the UDP logging active turn off the call lookup connection to JTALERT/WSJT that will stop the Log4OM window taking focus.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I can prevent the event from being fired if the screen is minimized...
i'll work on that
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
CU3ED
Novice Class

Post by CU3ED »

Thanks, I will try that!

All the best and stay safe,

D