Add choice of LOTW certificates when uploading.

N6VH
Old Man

Add choice of LOTW certificates when uploading.

Post by N6VH »

In Log4OM v1, there was a drop-down list of different LOTW certificates (for different locations, calls. etc) to choose from. There was also something similar for eQSL. It would be great if this were added to v2, in the QSL manager. It would be much easier than going into configuration settings to make the change.

Jim N6VH
mi0nwa
Advanced Class

Re: Add choice of LOTW certificates when uploading.

Post by mi0nwa »

Go to program settings, LOTW, external services and the drop down box were it says "Station ID" allows you to change to what ever one you want.

Joe MI0NWA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

hi Jim, we (i) assumed that different "locations" (aka different address in TQSL) are usually assigned to different profiles, so we put that choice at higher level (in the settings).
There are no technical obstacles to let users override that in the QSL management, but i would like to know what is your usage scenario.
Thanks
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

There are times when I operate as N6VH/6 (/7, /P, etc) from a different grid square, state, etc. I have been keeping those all in one log. Also, my former call was WA6UFY. Many of those contacts are on paper, but I add some of those to Log4OM at times. It is just much easier to specify the correct LOTW certificate and location from the QSL Manager, rather than going to the configuration manager. It's only one extra click, as opposed to going to the configuration manager. Yes, I know about the pull-down list in External Services. In v1 there was a pull-down list in QSL manager that worked just fine.

Jim N6VH
k7mk
Novice Class

Post by k7mk »

I'll add my request to support this as well. I try to be relatively accurate location wise when uploading my SOTA logs, so I have quite a few TQSL profiles (i.e. generally use 50 mile radius rule for ARRL awards, etc). So when uploading various SOTA (or KFF/POTA) logs that may from all over, it was nice in V1 to choose the TQSL station ID "on the fly" after importing multiple logs. Also nice to have it default back to the defaults profile each time. In V2 I have been manually changing it in the settings, just adds time and the possibility of forgetting I had it at some remote profile when doing normally logging from home. So... nice to have feature would be able to change it from the upload window like in V1.
Thanks for the great program!
Jim/K7MK