Additional Satellite Support

4Z1ZV
Advanced Class

Additional Satellite Support

Post by 4Z1ZV »

I installed 2.4.0.0 - works great !!!

I am going to deliver live facebook presentation tomorrow.

Please add to wish list:
1. Ability to use negative frequency offset
2. Ability to have Tx and Rx separate frequency offsets
3. Include banplan file with support for 13 and 3cm (I do it manually)
4. Include SX in Sat_mode file (easy to add, but good to have..)

May add more wishes following the presentation....

Thanks again for great software.

Zvika
4Z1ZV
4Z1ZV
ea5wa
Novice Class

Re: Additional Satellite Support

Post by ea5wa »

For satellites work it could be nice, when I select the "satellite_name", to have directly on "TX_Freq" and "RX_Freq" the frequencies for to this sat.

Sometimes you have to changed from one satellite to another quickly, and that could be helpful

Thanks

73's from EA5WA Juan Carlos
oh8fks
Novice Class

Post by oh8fks »

ea5wa wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 21:55 For satellites work it could be nice, when I select the "satellite_name", to have directly on "TX_Freq" and "RX_Freq" the frequencies for to this sat.
I've been asking for that already a long time ago, and it was taken into account for version 2 (it was still under development). G4POP mentioned back then that "Inclusion in version 2 will not be immediate but I suspect it will be included a couple of releases after the initial launch."

Unfortunately I haven't seen this feature so far. I'm afraid not many satellite hams use Log4OM as features are coming in very slowly.
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi
It was my wish to have mentioned these needs before, but I have been forgetting to do so, now that I see this post, I also express my wish, it would be very interesting. :D
The easiest way is through Satellite Mode, since each mode has an associated uplink and download band.
By selecting the mode, the TX and RX band would appear automatically.
Also, it would be very good to have also the red label "SAT MODE" in "EDIT QSO" , as we have on main UI entry window when we select Satellite.

Nice weekend to you all.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Post by CT2HUU »

CT1BXX wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 21:26 Hi
It was my wish to have mentioned these needs before, but I have been forgetting to do so, now that I see this post, I also express my wish, it would be very interesting. :D
The easiest way is through Satellite Mode, since each mode has an associated uplink and download band.
By selecting the mode, the TX and RX band would appear automatically.
Also, it would be very good to have also the red label "SAT MODE" in "EDIT QSO" , as we have on main UI entry window when we select Satellite.

Nice weekend to you all.
Hi
We really need this!
I'm starting to operate QO-100 sat, so I can insert an offset for the TX frequency (432MHz on the rig +1967,997MHz offset= 2400,XXXMHz uplink) but RX frequency (around 10489,800MHz) should have an offset of 10057,5MHz in order to have the TX and RX freq correctly logged.
The offset between RX and TX on QO-100 is linear, 8089.5MHz.

So, even better, selecting SAT MODE ON and QO-100, it should assume RX frequency have an offset of 8089.5MHz from the TX frequency. The user insert the offset for the TX (depending on the frequency on the rig) and the RX frequency is automatically calculated.

Still related with SAT, Log4OM should keep the last settings of the SAT MODE, recall the last configs/settings from the previous usage of SAT MODE. Keep the Sat name, mode, antenna, power etc... That will make the SAT Mode more usable.

Just my 5 cent
Take care
Bruno - CT2HUU
CT2HUU
Bruno