"NEW GRID" tied to 6-digit locators

LX2KD
Novice Class

"NEW GRID" tied to 6-digit locators

Post by LX2KD »

I recently upgraded from Log4OM version 1.39.0.0 to version 2.4.0.0, running under Windows 10. Generally, I like the new version, especially as it now supports my IC-7610 properly.

I collect grid squares. Well ... it takes all sorts to make a world. ;) To be precise, 4-digit grid squares. I think it is great that you can choose whether the statistics view can group by 4-digit or 6-digit squares ... I choose 4-digit squares. But I am disappointed that the "NEW GRID" light on the main window seems depend on 6-digit squares only, regardless of the 4-digit/6-digit setting. In version 1, it depended on the 4-digit locator, so I could instantly see whether I had already collected that 4-digit square. Now, it lights up for almost every new QSO.

Also ... a minor point ... is the grid square case sensitive? Is the statistic for JN39bo considered to be different to that for JN39BO ?

I was also disappointed to see that the grid square map feature has been removed. It was a great visual way to see how much of each country I had covered.

73s
LX2KD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: "NEW GRID" tied to 6-digit locators

Post by G4POP »

LX2KD wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 08:32 I recently upgraded from Log4OM version 1.39.0.0 to version 2.4.0.0, running under Windows 10. Generally, I like the new version, especially as it now supports my IC-7610 properly.

I collect grid squares. Well ... it takes all sorts to make a world. ;) To be precise, 4-digit grid squares. I think it is great that you can choose whether the statistics view can group by 4-digit or 6-digit squares ... I choose 4-digit squares. But I am disappointed that the "NEW GRID" light on the main window seems depend on 6-digit squares only, regardless of the 4-digit/6-digit setting. In version 1, it depended on the 4-digit locator, so I could instantly see whether I had already collected that 4-digit square. Now, it lights up for almost every new QSO.

Also ... a minor point ... is the grid square case sensitive? Is the statistic for JN39bo considered to be different to that for JN39BO ?

I have moved this post to feature suggestions to remind us to look at this when time and Covid19 permits

I was also disappointed to see that the grid square map feature has been removed. It was a great visual way to see how much of each country I had covered.

It has not been removed we just have not had time to add this feature, Its difficult to add everything at the initial launch of software
73 Terry G4POP
LX2KD
Novice Class

Re: "NEW GRID" tied to 6-digit locators

Post by LX2KD »

Thank you for your very quick reply Terry. I shall keep a look out for the updates.

73s
Kevin LX2KD / G4AZO