Cluster filtering by frequencies

iu4jnr
Novice Class

Cluster filtering by frequencies

Post by iu4jnr »

Hi,
Sometimes the cluster screen is flooded with hundreds of FT8-FT4 spots. I'm not a big fan of FT systems (mostly because I don'thave fun with it) and I find the spots misleading. So, I'd like to have a filter based on frequency, like the cluster in HRD, where I can exclude certain slices. Filters based on set/ft etc won't work properly and not all the cluster are implementing it.
Max
IU4JNR
SQ5TDZ
Advanced Class

Re: Cluster filtering by frequencies

Post by SQ5TDZ »

iu4jnr wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 13:27 Hi,
Sometimes the cluster screen is flooded with hundreds of FT8-FT4 spots. I'm not a big fan of FT systems (mostly because I don'thave fun with it) and I find the spots misleading. So, I'd like to have a filter based on frequency, like the cluster in HRD, where I can exclude certain slices. Filters based on set/ft etc won't work properly and not all the cluster are implementing it.
Max
IU4JNR
???????
Andrew.....SQ5TDZ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

we're thinking something for that, based on identified mode rather than frequency slices that may be too wide and exclude also legit spots or, yes, you can exclude digital modes from the cluster view, as suggested
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
iu4jnr
Novice Class

Post by iu4jnr »

IW3HMH wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 12:46 we're thinking something for that, based on identified mode rather than frequency slices that may be too wide and exclude also legit spots or, yes, you can exclude digital modes from the cluster view, as suggested
Thanks Daniele for reply,
unfortunately the filter "digital" in the filter's page won't always work on 30m or it doesn't properly. Try to monitor the 30m band for a while and you'll find a lot of spots on 10136, despite the selection of CW only.
Said that, I tried changing the frequencies span in the xml files and it seems it's working.
Max IU4JNR