Cluster login

dl1clm
Advanced Class

Cluster login

Post by dl1clm »

Hi All,
I use the nice cluster option in Log4OM V 2.7.0.0
I have created different configurations with my Call DL1CLM for when I am at home and DL1CLM/P for my portable operations.
The Call in question can be found in Station Callsign (Station Information).
For my portable operations, Station Callsign is DL1CLM/P for Operator Callsign DL1CLM and Owner Callsign DL1CLM.
If I now want to connect to the Cluster, the login uses DL1CLM/P. The cluster sees this as an invalid Call.
Is it possible to insert a choice option to specify which Callsign should be used for Cluster login. Using the Operator Callsign is also OK. Then I can also use the cluster in my portable configuration.

Thanks, 73 Dick DL1CLM
Win10 64b v21H2 Log4OM v2.21.1.0
IC 7300 / IC 756 Pro II via Omnirig v1.19
Optibeam OB 9-5
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster login

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Dick,

i don´t know you´re using the same setup and change only your "Homecall" to "Homecall/P" if you do
seperated operations (from home or from a /P location). There is a possibility to use a seperate
config for the /P. In this config you can redefine all settings you need which means also the cluster
settings. In this you have the possibility to enter a login call and a password and that will works if
you operate with homecall/p but your login is homecall.

If you want to use only one configuration and changing manually the Station Call and Locator it would
be the easiest way to create a second registration to your favourite cluster. But use the same password.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Just set your login call in the Log4om cluster set up by editing the cluster server and stop using 《callsign》 which uses the station call in the program config.
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF5WW wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 17:33 Hi Dick,

i don´t know you´re using the same setup and change only your "Homecall" to "Homecall/P" if you do
seperated operations (from home or from a /P location). There is a possibility to use a seperate
config for the /P. In this config you can redefine all settings you need which means also the cluster
settings. In this you have the possibility to enter a login call and a password and that will works if
you operate with homecall/p but your login is homecall.

If you want to use only one configuration and changing manually the Station Call and Locator it would
be the easiest way to create a second registration to your favourite cluster. But use the same password.

;) ;)
Long way round Juergen, better to edit the log4om cluster server info
73 Terry G4POP
dl1clm
Advanced Class

Post by dl1clm »

Hi Jürgen and Terry,

Thank you very much for your advice.
I wasn't aware of the possibility of giving a call at the cluster connect.
I chose Terry's solution because it was the simplest.
This way I can also do it with my training call DN5EL and the Clubcall DK0LE.

Great ! :D

73 Dick DL1CLM
Optibeam OB 9-5
dl1clm
Advanced Class

Post by dl1clm »

Hi Jürgen,

I have created several profiles. One for DL1CLM, one for DL1CLM/P and one for DN4EL. For each profile I have a shortcut on my desktop which makes it very easy to start with the correct logbook. My /P operations (WWFF) are also separated at LOTW, which I have changed in the /P profile. Works fine.
I wasn't aware you could put in a certain call with the cluster login.

Thank you!

73 Dick DL1CLM dok i08
Optibeam OB 9-5