QSOs confirmed or not

SQ6ELK
New user

Re: QSOs confirmed or not

Post by SQ6ELK »

Hello
In addition to this discussion I'm wondering about possibility to mark somehow callsign for 3 cases:
1. do not send QSL
2. QSL sent, not received
3. QSL sent and received

Currently I have to check all the time Worked before window to see if QSL card was send.

Marek, SQ6ELK
OA9DVK
Novice Class

Post by OA9DVK »

Love the idea too. I was used to having that feature in past loggers and it was kinda useful. Not that essential but nice to have it though.
73 91 de Daniel

OA9DVK (also IK2SGL)

From somewhere in the Amazon Rainforest

Permanent activity from the Communal Reserve of Chayu Nain, ref. OAFF-0040
Latitude - 5.023231 ( 5 1' 23'' S)
Longitude -78.340072 (78 20' 24'' W)
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

SQ6ELK wrote: 14 May 2021, 16:40 Hello
In addition to this discussion I'm wondering about possibility to mark somehow callsign for 3 cases:
1. do not send QSL
2. QSL sent, not received
3. QSL sent and received

Currently I have to check all the time Worked before window to see if QSL card was send.

Marek, SQ6ELK
To #1: That´s the standard if you log a contact. In the settings you can advise Log4OM to set No for send ans receive. No extra work.

To #2: You have to do so by sending handwritten cards. If you use Labels you can set the Label facility to mark the QSO as send. No extra work.

To #3: If you receive a card you can only set it by manual way. That´s extra work but i think it´s not pssible to automize this.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Juergen
You say "that is the standard if you log a contact".
Incorrect !
Some people QSL every contact, some others QSL what they would like confirmed, some others only reply to requests.
So there are at least 3 "standards" for sending QSL....
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

One suggestion : all this info can be in 2 letters
QSL not sent : N
QSL sent (and not received) : S
QSL received (and to send) : R
X: QSL exchanged

LotW: assuming if you are participating, you upload every QSO
N : not sent (yet)
S : sent (and not received)
X : exchanged

So for example : SX would mean QSL sent and not received, loTW sent and received.
Only an idea....
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

That´s not letters which are ADIF standard. First you have to ask the ADIF.org for changes like this.
Log4OM uses strictly the ADIF V3 standards.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Juergen
F6FLU was talking about a way to visualize the QSL status...
I am sure you know DX4Win. This is the way it works, and it does not affect the "normal" adif fields.
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Everytime i add colors to a data grid this will have a negative impact on overall performances, as the grid must be rendered and "parsed" for colors on a second trip (due to the way the grid is filled with data dynamically, allowing me to use the same custom grid for cluster as well as for qso and everything else).
I'm not sure that the colorize feature will worth a general slowdown of the grid reactivity (mainly when working with large datasets) but i will make some tests.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH