This Should Be Easy But........

K7KB
Novice Class

This Should Be Easy But........

Post by K7KB »

it's not. At least when it comes to selecting QSO's that you would like to have labels printed. Take for example the image below:
AwardStatus2.JPG
AwardStatus2.JPG (169.83 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
As you can see, I've done a lot of work getting granted status for many of my QSO's, either by LOTW or direct QSL. But I still need to do a bit of work. Lets take the first line on the award status list, Canada, in particular 6M. You can see I only have a worked status for that band and want to send him a QSL card. So lets click on the box and bring up the QSO:
VE3KRP.JPG
VE3KRP.JPG (50.08 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
So I right click on the QSO listed and I really thought I would see an option like "Add QSO to label print buffer". But nothing even close. I can easily edit the QSO, but just can't print a label for it or put it in a queue.

I've looked at the Label Print utility and not sure why QSO selections are made from there. It seems to me that it should just be a queue and the QSO selections are done from other sections of Log4OM like the main log filters, Award Status, etc. In any case, I couldn't achieve what I wanted by using any of the filters within the QSO selection part of label print. I looked for a video, read the manual, and just didn't see it.

Log4OM2 is a great logger. I love it's award tracking, general logging, propagation prediction, and many other features. But if there is one thing I would say it really needs some work with, it would be labels and how to process them for printing.

John K7KB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: This Should Be Easy But........

Post by G4POP »

Firstly let me say it's nice to see a sensible and usefull idea with a well scripted description, I will add this to our Mantis list.

There is of course alternative method and that is to filter in label print for DXCC= 1 (Canada), Band = 6M, QSL status = N
73 Terry G4POP
K7KB
Novice Class

Post by K7KB »

Thanks Terry, I'm glad you found the suggestion helpful :D And I'll try some of your tips on getting some of my Worked labels printed.

John K7KB
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi John and Terry

Very useful idea, really cool.

Excelent Terry, you add the idea the Mantis list, thanks :D
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX