Log entry usability improvements

DL2RDT
Novice Class

Log entry usability improvements

Post by DL2RDT »

Under the "EDIT QSO" --> "QSL Info" menu you can choose the five dropdown menues as there are: "Manage confirmantion", and "Sent" - "Via" and "Rcvd" - "Via".
In my opinion, it takes a lot of time and annoying clicking effort to pull up the dropdown for each and every entry operation.

I suggest:
It would be better to have some buttons or tiles for direct click.
There is way enough space on the screen to make this easier.
And, do not make the tiles too small for comfortable usage.
And it could be an option to tell the program to remember or to forget the last entry settings when editing the next QSL, by a toggle switch.
So it would only be necessary to klick on the few changes instead of all and everything again.
I think you could glance through the entire Log4OM program to find similar situations to optimize comfort.
But mostly on the QSL Info sheet it was very annoying doing the same repetitive nerving klicks many dozens of times again and again.
TNX for the anyway very good program, which is always evaluating.
73 de Heinz, DL2RDT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log entry usability improvements

Post by G4POP »

If you are doing multiple confirmation updates you should be using the QSL manager, not the individual qso edit window.

Try watching the three YouTube tutorials about confirmations for a better understanding of how the program functions in this respect.
73 Terry G4POP