Merge missing details from ADIF file by matching QSO

kc2ieb
Novice Class

Merge missing details from ADIF file by matching QSO

Post by kc2ieb »

This is based on this issue I'm having: https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6267

As a user, I have an ADIF file and a Log4OM DB populated with QSOs. The ADIF file contains QSO information adequate to match with QSOs in the database. I would like to be able to use the import functionality to merge only the missing ADIF fields ("details") of QSOs already existing in the DB.

Thank you,

73 KC2IEB Chris
ah6fx
Advanced Class

Re: Merge missing details from ADIF file by matching QSO

Post by ah6fx »

Chris,

First, understand that I am a Log4OM2 user just like you ... so this is not the official word. Two, not sure what "missing adif fields [details]" information you are seeking.

I import FT4 and FT8 adif files from another computer into my Log4OM2. They are missing many data elements not captured by WSJT-X.

With the "Recent QSO's [F7]" tab open, I simply go to Utilities > QSO Manager. Then use your mouse to select the stations you want to update. Next click "Update info" in the upper left corner. Be patient ... let it do its thing and it will load QRZ data associated with each call sign. Next - don't worry, be happy.

Hope that helps.

Danny
AH6FX/W4 Virginia, USA