Set default power per band/aerial

G8HLW
Novice Class

Set default power per band/aerial

Post by G8HLW »

I have an IC7100. This has one antenna port for HF with a maximum power of 100W, and a second for 2m & 70cm with output powers of 50W and 35W maximum.

I use a fan dipole on HF and a Slim JIM on 2m (not active on 70cm yet). I have a setting for 2m on the Slim JIM and another for HF on the dipole. When I switch from HF to VHF the aerial in the log also changes (as desired) but I haven't been able to find how to get the power logged to change automatically. I can only find how to set the default power for the rig; being able to set it for each aerial (or each band would be even better) would save a lot of editing of QSO records when setting the current power (in F4 on the main screen) has been forgotten.

I use Win4ICOM to control the rig and this displays the current output power in the title bar, possibly this data could be used as an alternative to a setting.

If I have missed a setting please let me know!

Jim
G8HLW
Novice Class

Re: Set default power per band/aerial

Post by G8HLW »

I have just realised that I have missed some important info: Log4OM2 version 2.11.0.0 running on Windows 10 Pro 32b version 20H2, build 19042.867.

HTH

Sorry!
Jim
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

In the settings where you have the tree with radio/antenna/band, right click on the radio and set default power
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 14:24 In the settings where you have the tree with radio/antenna/band, right click on the radio and set default power
No Lele the radio has different power output for different bands so the user is requesting a power setting by band or aerial, not just one setting for a radio
73 Terry G4POP
G8HLW
Novice Class

Post by G8HLW »

Is there any chance of a meaningful reply to this request please, other than RTFM?
Jim
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G8HLW wrote: 11 May 2021, 13:26 Is there any chance of a meaningful reply to this request please, other than RTFM?
The "meaningful reply" to your feature suggestion was as I advised Lele in my post

"the user is requesting a power setting by band or aerial, not just one setting for a radio"

So that is the feature request and when its added notification will be included in the release notes
73 Terry G4POP
G8HLW
Novice Class

Post by G8HLW »

Terry

Thanks for the reply, I'm sorry for being somewhat terse. It had been a bad day, but that does not excuse being rude.

I look forward to seeing this improvement at some time (possibly).

Thank you both for an otherwise very good product.

Jim