Name from old QSO

hb9fbg
Novice Class

Name from old QSO

Post by hb9fbg »

Hello everybody.
I don't know if it's possible but I couldn't figure out if this is possible ...
My main activity is CW QSOs and I often come back to find friends in the air. We often have the nicknames and not the ones that are in QRZ.COM. I save them with the nicknames but when you put the call in the call box the QRZ one appears. Wouldn't it be possible to recover the one already registered? or have a double window that shows a possible name that is in my log?
It is my suggestion
73 Mauro HB9FBG
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Name from old QSO

Post by KI5IO »

hb9fbg wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 18:47 Hello everybody.
I don't know if it's possible but I couldn't figure out if this is possible ...
My main activity is CW QSOs and I often come back to find friends in the air. We often have the nicknames and not the ones that are in QRZ.COM. I save them with the nicknames but when you put the call in the call box the QRZ one appears. Wouldn't it be possible to recover the one already registered? or have a double window that shows a possible name that is in my log?
It is my suggestion
73 Mauro HB9FBG
Mauro,

I've had same thoughts for some time, but I think the data recovery/look-up process could be extensive and slow a lot of background work during the searches.

I do believe that your request is on the future list, but I'd have to review to be sure.

Nonetheless ... what I do in the meantime is to simply key in the "nickname" in the Notes field for that given QSO. That way I have the data tied to the QSO and available for my viewing.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
hb9fbg
Novice Class

Re: Name from old QSO

Post by hb9fbg »

Hi Nolan,
thanks for the comment.
in reality I do not think it slows down the operation because it already searches for QSOs made with that call. So it would be enough for you to take the name in the LOG and bring it to the front in plain sight.
We hope for future developments