LoTW info import

F6EXV
Old Man

LoTW info import

Post by F6EXV »

Hi all
When importing the LoTW confirmations the info provided by LoTW (state, county, JA prefecture, oblast, grid square, etc, depending on the case) is not imported.
Is there a setting somewhere about this ?
If not, could this be implemented in a future update ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
F6EXV
Old Man

Re: LoTW info import

Post by F6EXV »

No reply ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
ve3wej
Old Man

Post by ve3wej »

I assume you are using a adif download to import, and not the tqsl?? anyway if it is a download adif, check it with notepad or similar and see if that info is even in the adif file..
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Hi
I am importing the loTW file downloadable from the site, once you are connected on your account.
It contains a lot of info, icluding, the state and the county (if US), the QRA locator, the IOTA reference (if applicable).
Could this be imported into the proper field ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

So your downloading an ADIF file from the LOTW website then importing it into log4om using the file/import ADIF system? Not downloading from log4om QSL manager?

Using the Log4om QSL manager employs the LOTW API designed by LOTW for external software connections and it does not necessarily include the same data as an ordinary ADIF download from their website, I need to check what information is included in the API download.

If the data you require is included in the API data then we could consider modifying the existing download, if not and it entails us adding a complete new merge routine for a downloaded ADIF then that's a lot of work and there would need to be a general demand for the addition.
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Terry,

I checked my log, and all of the items that Paul mentioned are included in the API download. They will also be in the adif download (although it is much easier to do an API download directly into Log4OM), but only if the "Include QSL details:" box at LOTW is checked. In either case, those items will only be there if the other station included them in his TQSL Station Location.

The items do get put into Log4OM from the API download.

The JA Prefectures will show in the State column in Log4OM, as will the Oblasts. Be advised that the spelling might be different than expected. Also, other information might be in the State column. All of this depends entirely on what the other station included in his Station Location.

Jim N6VH
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Hi all
I do update the LoTW confirmations directly in Log4OM.
The county info is not imported,; even when the other party has indicated it in its LoTW configuration.
For US stations, the state is imported.
For any island staion, if they have indicayed the proper IOTA reference, it is included.
WSoi what about counties, or JA prefectures ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Hi all
I just checked another item...
I made a QSO in FT8 mode using JTDX, which logs directly to Log4OM.
The grid is not imported.
The QSO was almost immediately confirmed on LoTW, and the partner indicated his 6-character grid. Not imported either.

Yes, the info is on the adif file that can be downloaded from the LoTW webpage, but it would be a lot nicer if dwonloading within Log4OM would also import these data.
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV