Winkeyer Page Spot Reporting & Course Line Graphics

K0VW
Novice Class

Winkeyer Page Spot Reporting & Course Line Graphics

Post by K0VW »

Thanks for the great logging software--took me a while before making the jump from v1 to v2 but now I'm onboard. Being a brass (keyboard) pounder I spend most time on the winkeyer page. I've noticed that there is no button to send a spot to the cluster on this page (there is a handy button for this on the main page). If this is a convenient addition, it might be a good idea to add it to a future upgrade.
I've also noticed that the great circle course between stations and the dots representing these stations displayed on the world map could stand to be beefed-up by making them thicker.
One last observation: The great circle course between stations disappears randomly after the mouse moves around or pages are changed and doesn't return unless the DX station call is reinserted in the call field. Sorry, I've tried to note the circumstances for this and possibly identify the reason for this anomaly--but no luck. It doesn't seem to matter whether displaying the main or winkeyer page.
Finally, I would love to send a few shillings as a donation to the cause. Since I'm uncomfortable with "joining" PayPal, I wonder if there is an alternate method for doing this.
TNX, 73
John O'Neill (K0VW)
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Winkeyer Page Spot Reporting & Course Line Graphics

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi John,
thanks for the head up on spot button in the keyer page.
It's shown when the cluster reports being connected, but if the cluster is already running when you open the screen that will never happens...
Added a check on screen loading to verify cluster status.

About the visibility of the start-end point it's a complex thing, as it should fit for almost every screen resolution. That code is mainly from V1, it deserves a bit of rework in the next weeks.
About donations (always appreciated) i don't have other options at this time, but many users have the same "problem". I don't know if there are other efficient ways to send me a beer (open to suggestions) but the best option is always to come in Venezia and pay me a beer directly while walking in the city :P

Thanks, anyway, for your thoughts.
Really appreciated!

lele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
K0VW
Novice Class

Re: Winkeyer Page Spot Reporting & Course Line Graphics

Post by K0VW »

Daniele,
Great to hear from you, hope all is well with you there. I'll take your advice and not open the cluster until bringing up the Winkeyer page. I'll also be looking for any improvements that you might be making to the great circle course lines--I understand that nothing nowadays is as simple as it looks.
Regarding the PayPal, I'll enlist my son's help on this--he has a PayPal account and will be willing to assist. However I will still look foreword to visiting you in San Michele and buying the beer you mentioned... It would be my pleasure.
Thanks again, VY BST 73,
John O'Neill (K0VW)