upload LoTW

F6EXV
Old Man

upload LoTW

Post by F6EXV »

Hi all
Would it be possible to, within the QSL manager module, have a much more automated upload, since the procedure is always the same :
Utilities/QSL manager
Search for LoTW sent = requested
Select
Upload selected QSO (then a new screen shows up)
Upload

One button added to the QSL manager screen would be much simpler !
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
F6FLU
Old Man

Re: upload LoTW

Post by F6FLU »

Automatic upload in the settings 😏😏😏
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Two button click

Select required

Upload
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Terry,
We do not count the same way...
I described the procedure and there are 11 clicks (I just did it and counted, 13 if I include closing the windows that opened, at the end of the process....)

The automatic upload without doing anything can be programmed for when you close the program, but what about an upload while not closing ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6EXV wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 12:04 Terry,
We do not count the same way...
I described the procedure and there are 11 clicks (I just did it and counted, 13 if I include closing the windows that opened, at the end of the process....)

The automatic upload without doing anything can be programmed for when you close the program, but what about an upload while not closing ?
Why would you need both?

If you add auto upload to the QSL manager then you still have the same navigation to and from the QSL manager and would still need to click auto upload confirmations required (1 Click) instead of Select required and Upload (2 Clicks)

If your asking for auto upload to LOTW as a QSO is saved thats not going to happen because ARRL dont like thousands of single uploads especially during a contest, their servers cant handle it.
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Terry
No, I am not looking for auto upload for each QSO, I know ARRL does not like that.
So I must use the QSL manager option.
There it is a total of many clicks... and they are always the same... In order to upload for example my last 10 QSOs, I need to use the QSL manager stuff... unless I am mistaken
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6EXV wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 18:35 Terry
No, I am not looking for auto upload for each QSO, I know ARRL does not like that.
So I must use the QSL manager option.
There it is a total of many clicks... and they are always the same... In order to upload for example my last 10 QSOs, I need to use the QSL manager stuff... unless I am mistaken
Yes you need to use the QSL Manager total of 7 clicks as below

Utilities
QSL Manager
Select LOTW
Select required (This is a button)
Upload selected QSO
Green upload button
Close window

How would you do it differently?
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

terry
This routine as you describe it is always the same. Can't a small program do the same, that could be accessed directly with a button visible when the QSL manager is opened ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6EXV wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 15:09 terry
This routine as you describe it is always the same. Can't a small program do the same, that could be accessed directly with a button visible when the QSL manager is opened ?
Anything is possible! but your the only user so far to request an automation of this action just to save a couple of button clicks!

I could almost understand the need if you wanted a button in the main UI that caused the same action as 'Upload on closure' does, but when you have already navigated to the QSL manager and you are just a couple of clicks from upload! I really dont see the point.

Just set auto upload on close then you dont even have to click the button your requesting.

You will probably say I am argumentative but I need to be a devils advocate regarding feature requests or we end up with an over complex program with too many rarely used buttons and bells.
73 Terry G4POP